NI Replika

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guys, to reproduce....change the delay from dotted to triplet to ms and back.....that crashed live immd.

EDIT! Bitwig doesn't not do this :x

GHOST19 wrote:I had a lot of fun with it until opening a 2nd instance crashed my FL Studio.
I see it becoming my goto delay when it becomes stable here.
Can confirm. This happened to me too. Nothing was wrong until opening second instance. Then insta-crash.

So went ahead and updated Catalyst drivers as I was couple of versions behind. Much better now, though not perfect. Still managed to get crash couple of times when more than 5 instances were open. Usually by selecting a preset caused a failure. But also managed to open up to 15 instances without problems. As I did not have too much time, I could not yet say for sure how well it works. But upgrading Catalyst drivers did make a difference.
No signature here!

Tried as hard as I could to get it to crash on my 64bit PC Reaper setup. I even put 5 instances on the master and automated the crap out of them... still doesn't crash.

Love this delay! Such a shame that so much of the discussion is about instability because it's a really intuitive, musical plugin. Everything is sounding better through it!

would you now please STOP DOWNLOADING this freebie ?
I am trying to get my hands on some Reaktor ensembles and all I get is
OOOPS

We are experiencing extraordinary amounts of traffic, which may cause temporary delays in accessing our website.
Please refresh this page, try again, or come back later.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
:x :o :D

Probably not surprising, but multiple instances seem rock solid with Maschine Mac.
Replika really does have everything I need in a delay. Lovely stuff NI! :tu:

EvilDragon wrote:
DarkStar wrote:OK, so the installer sizes can be explained - but why would the individual plug-ins need > 30 MB each? Seems a lot to me (Uhbik-D is 3B and MultibandDelay is 2 MB).
Graphics, framework, etc...
Framework? Reaktor? :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

No crash here with multiple instances in Sonar, but it does behave weird. Like they were linked or something. Can't make it glitch in any way with just one instance.

beltrom wrote: Like they were linked or something.
Maybe they're all running on the same instance of Reaktor? :lol:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

EvilDragon wrote:
jens wrote:Isn't even Massive actually Reaktor-based?
Nope, it's C++.
Are you absolutely sure of it? (I mean: sure the code of the plugin is C++, but was it coded from scratch? Synth-Edit writes C++ code too, no?)The two or three times I tired the demo it surely didn't feel like this - it felt clunky and resource-boggy in the way the standalone Ensembles I tried (Carbon, etc.) felt... nothing I would ever dream of seriously using.

And since my impression was, that NI only release standalone ensembles these days, I don't even try their plugins anymore - mistake?

Wow, that's actually pretty nice delay. Thanks NI!

jens wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
jens wrote:Isn't even Massive actually Reaktor-based?
Nope, it's C++.
Are you absolutely sure of it?
yes.
Synth-Edit writes C++ code too, no?)
no
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

You are a truly odd fellow - just moments ago you (falsely) accused me of mind-reading in another thread and here you are, answering the question whether someone else is absolutely sure of something... :lol: :-o :lol:

jens wrote:You are a truly odd fellow - just moments ago you (falsely) accused me of mind-reading in another thread and here you are, answering the question whether someone else is absolutely sure of something... :lol: :-o :lol:
Are you seriously trying to pretend I was telling you whether or not ED thinks SynthEdit generates C++, rather than telling you that it doesnt?

That's precious.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

You are precious. :lol:

beltrom wrote:No crash here with multiple instances in Sonar, but it does behave weird. Like they were linked or something. Can't make it glitch in any way with just one instance.
Hi,
what do you mean linked?
Like if one instance controls the parameters of the others?

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”