Dark Star 2 (Reaktor Ensemble)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is the pitch for the "shimmer" effect?i am looking for that .
it looks great and i will test anyway.

robindrieghe wrote:is the pitch for the "shimmer" effect?i am looking for that .
it looks great and i will test anyway.
Absolutely! The pitch knobs on the grain delay module can be used to create lovely shimmer effects (given your reverb settings allow for long decay times), but this is most effective when the grain delay module is switched to "Embed" mode. You can still achieve a shimmer effect with the pitched delay lines being fed straight INTO the reverb, but it sounds so much cooler when the grain delay is embedded WITHIN the feedback delay network of the reverb :tu:

I wanted to implement DS2 with grain CLOUD delay modules so I could have more jitter controls, but I find they are highly unstable with live audio and better suited for granular sampling. I've personally never owned one, but I believe the legendary DMX 15-80s featured the very first jitter controls, or atleast what would later become kown as "jitter".

Anyway, DS2 has a jitter control that modulates the grain length, but unfortunately I wasn't able to implement a jitter control for the distance between the grains. Also, the grain delay can be used to "enhance" the reverb by granulizing the reflection times and feeding them back into the diffusor chain. Just play with it. I promise, it won't blow up :phones:

a keeper!

Great work man. I'm really surprised at the quality of sounds I'm able to get out of this. This is one of those software gems that I could play with all day for like a week… and still get excited when I load it up again in my DAW. I appreciate the time and creativity that went into making this, so thank you for your contribution to the Reaktor community!! :)

- M

Synthetic Wav wrote:thanks it looks great !
+1

morphex wrote:Great work man. I'm really surprised at the quality of sounds I'm able to get out of this. This is one of those software gems that I could play with all day for like a week… and still get excited when I load it up again in my DAW. I appreciate the time and creativity that went into making this, so thank you for your contribution to the Reaktor community!! :)

- M
Thanks for the kind compliments. I'm glad that DS2 has found a place in your arsenal :hyper:

Thanks for this.
No longer a moderator.

interesting !
I downloaded it and will give it a try :)

Sound Author wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Very nice - reminds me a lot of Blackbird too - I will make some snaps for this like I did with Blackbird.
That's very kind of you. I take forever to make good snaps for my ensembles. Shoot me the .ens file whenever you get done with it.
Here you are - I've made another 64 snaps for it and also made the ens snapshot master:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... ar%202.ens

Put them in a separate snapshot bank now so they are easier to use with updates:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... ty.ssf.zip
Last edited by aMUSEd on Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice.
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

aMUSEd wrote:Put them in a separate snapshot bank now so they are easier to use with updates:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... ty.ssf.zip
Wow, thanks aMUSEd! These snapshots are really inspiring! I never even thought to use DS2 like this. A lot of possibilities here! I will be sure to include this bank in the forthcoming release once I get the GUI the way I want. Also, feel free to release "Singularity" on the UL if you'd like. Really excellent work. I'm stoked :hyper:

Thanks - it's there now - these are the sort of patches I could imagine it creating when I first downloaded it (like I said reminds me a lot of Blackbird) - inspiring ensemble

one of the best effect ensembles and looks great too!

robindrieghe wrote:one of the best effect ensembles and looks great too!
Thx Robin :D

Return to “Effects”