Other hosts that are modular like Tracktion?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MULAB! Super modular. Now with an incredible Multi Wave Oscillator component.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

You can also try Image Line's Minihost - it's free (but still in beta). Works very well for me. You can either use it as a standalone or a VST effect within Tracktion or another DAW - basically the best of both worlds.

hibidy wrote:
Gates of H&I wrote:I've had a change of heart. Reaper is modular.
You're no fun.
That's true.

Also, maybe this is too obvious an example, but Bitwig will be modular at some point. The built-in effects were already created in a modular environment, but Bitwig doesn't currently allow you to edit or create these modules. When it does, presumably it'll be like a less comprehensive version of Max For Live.

I don't consider reaper modular. It might be flexible, but not in the way the OP meant.

Sure, bitwig will have it someday.....but not now.

Gates of H&I wrote:
I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that Reaper is modular in the way OP means.
Why, because it has no virtual cables? :lol:

edit: I just saw that you changed your opinion on this... :-)
Last edited by jens on Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:
Gates of H&I wrote:
I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that Reaper is modular in the way OP means.
Why, because it has no virtual cables? :lol:

You don't seem to know Reaper well enough. ;-)
Those virtual cables make a big difference, not being sarcastic.

hibidy wrote:I don't consider reaper modular. It might be flexible, but not in the way the OP meant.
Maybe you don't - that however doesn't change the fact that it is modular in the way the OP meant.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

HobbyCore wrote:
Those virtual cables make a big difference, not being sarcastic.
How so? What kind of difference?

jens wrote:
hibidy wrote:I don't consider reaper modular. It might be flexible, but not in the way the OP meant.
Maybe you don't - that however doesn't change the fact that it is modular in the way the OP meant.
Madame jens will soon be available for further mind-reading events at a theatre near you.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

What the f**k are you on about? To write the most stupid post of the week? The competition is fierce!

jens wrote:
It's modulation and audio routing is certainly modular
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Yes, MIDI is admittedly a bit of a different story in Reaper - as far as I understood it, the OP is however only interested in audio-routing...
herodotus wrote:
I have always loved the ease with which effects can be intertwined so easily in Tracktion, on either a per track or per clip basis,
[...]
I have used Reason, and Acid, and Audition, but none of them work that well for what I do, which mostly consists of recording normal acoustic audio (drums, voices, trumpets, etc) and then mangling the hell out of it. I do use virtual instruments, but my MIDI needs are generally much simpler than my audio needs.
which is why I assumed (and still assume), Reaper might be spot on for his requirements/way of working.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
jens wrote:
It's modulation and audio routing is certainly modular
But its not modular like Tracktion.

jens basically claimed the OP intends that to mean 'has modulation and audio routing on a par with Tracktion' rather than 'modularity done the same way as Tracktion'.
I'd say it should be the OP stating what he means by that, not jens.

:lol:

that was tongue-in-cheek, you funny fool - I simply copied the exact phrase hibidy used in his post which I replied to (and quoted - and which you then even re-quoted). :dog:

If you attempt to troll me, you must try harder these days - my conversational English has been getting a lot better over the years. :razz:

jens wrote::lol:

that was tongue-in-cheek, you funny fool - I copied the exact phrase hibidy used. :dog:
Ah I see. Because you copied someone elses word's while not indicating that you had done so, and presenting it, context-free, as literal, anyone reading that who doesn't intrinsically assume you're lying is at fault. How clever of you.
If you attempt to troll me, you must try harder these days
And yet all I was actually doing was disagreeing with what I took literally as your expressed opinion about what the OP wanted.
Are you saying anyone taking you literally, when you've taken care not to make indication that your statements were not literal, is 'attempting to troll?'

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”