TAL 101 Controller

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Rotary endless encoders with LEDs
Swap the faders with some saw blades, hit up a club with your gear and some plywood, the time you're done with your ear splitting three hour dubstep set you've also built a birdhouse

do_androids_dream wrote:
Rah wrote:Really cool, but personally, I'd be more inclined to spend that sort of moolah on an actual hardware synth, and stick to my existing controller to control my Tal Synths.
Exactly. Seems like there's a lot of backward thinking with these software controllers.
I think controllers that exactly correspond to the synth UI make perfect sense. The price point is not that good because it is a one man shop producing tiny production runs. My initial demo of TAL Bassline did not cause a "must buy now" reaction but with the availability of this controller, I will have another look.

My Novation Zero is now an expensive doorstop because the mental disconnect it caused for me switching between the physical knob layout and the GUI layout. I find it easier working with the mouse than the Novation.

As mentioned before; get a touch screen, some suction Tuna Knobs (first batch should be delivered before Xmas) and you can reconfigure your controller when you want.

Sliders and buttons arent so bad on a touch screen but tweaking actual rotary knobs is hugely satisfying (phnar)

http://tuna-dj-gear.myshopify.com/collections/all
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Yeah I've seen the Kickstaerter for those but I just don't see them as being practical at all. I mean it'll take a while to stick 'em precisely on the iPad, and when you swap synths you may have to rearrange them anyway. Plus now you've probably got a screen slathered in spit.

And ten euros per knob is a lot.

I think an ideal solution could be a controller with small alphanumeric LED panels under each knob like those SSL consoles, with labels and MIDI learn set up in software. Probably cost a mint though.

E: oh I forgot NI's kontrol does this. Needs faders too tho.

I love the concept and the execution seems good enough.

Make one for Diva, or maybe the Hive, and I would get one ASAP.

I am really tired of generic controllers that are far away from providing a proper hands on experience. Your work goes in to the right direction but I think you choosed not so popular synths to start with.

Maybe you could design a layout of controls that could work for a good number of synths and then just design overlays for different synths in vynil or maybe even swapable. I for sure would get one if you do it.

Also for midi controllers I think encoders>knobs. Led Rings would be nice but maybe way too expensive.
dedication to flying

how can you ask for a dedicated controller for Diva, a synth with a variable GUI? Just stick with Novation Remote.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:how can you ask for a dedicated controller for Diva, a synth with a variable GUI?
Actually..... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7A0eLL5jt0
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

electro wrote:how can you ask for a dedicated controller for Diva, a synth with a variable GUI? Just stick with Novation Remote.
Well in fact only one panel changes greatly (the oscillator one) and many functions are still shared. So it wont be as hard. Filters and envelopes remains mostly the same.
dedication to flying

dumbledog wrote:Yeah I've seen the Kickstaerter for those but I just don't see them as being practical at all. I mean it'll take a while to stick 'em precisely on the iPad, and when you swap synths you may have to rearrange them anyway. Plus now you've probably got a screen slathered in spit.

And ten euros per knob is a lot.

I think an ideal solution could be a controller with small alphanumeric LED panels under each knob like those SSL consoles, with labels and MIDI learn set up in software. Probably cost a mint though.

E: oh I forgot NI's kontrol does this. Needs faders too tho.
Its a shame IBK dont make their controllers any more, youve just described their main product
I feel lucky to have the 10 control, quality
http://www.ibk-midi.de/e7.htm

If only Novation made something similar, with more memory slots

A 16 knob device with LCD and easy configuration and memory would be perfect...and not expensive
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Frantz wrote:My initial demo of TAL Bassline did not cause a "must buy now" reaction but with the availability of this controller, I will have another look.
I just did a quick bass comparison between TAL Bassline, Monark, Diva, and SEM V for a track I am working on. Out of the four, TAL came in dead last at doing fat analog bass. And yes, this thing is ridiculously expensive so it's a no go for me.

rod_zero wrote:
electro wrote:how can you ask for a dedicated controller for Diva, a synth with a variable GUI? Just stick with Novation Remote.
Well in fact only one panel changes greatly (the oscillator one) and many functions are still shared. So it wont be as hard. Filters and envelopes remains mostly the same.
Not only that, but it actually has been done. See my post above :D

Although that is a one of a kind and not for sale. I'm thinking of doing a dedicated controller for Ragnarök myself, but that will also be only for myself and not commercially aimed.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Return to “Instruments”