Acon Digital Equalize

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Equalize

Just tried out this very fine EQ.

Hats off to Acon, great job, and an affordable price, too.

I have two questions, though:

1.) As far as I see, the size of the GUI is fixed (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Are there plans to introduce a resize-feature in the future?

2.) Altough I selected English during the installation, all labels in the GUI are in German.
How can I change it to the English version?

There are also some wrong translations of some of the terms in the German version, btw.

Let me throw my hat in the ring here.

I would love for the bandwidth control to be available for HPF and LPF. I know it can be done with an additional peak filer, but I would really like to use a single band in Equalize for a resonant filter.

p.s. I bought it last month anyway, because I am enamored with mixed phase.
Desktop: Win 7 Pro SP1 | i7 960 (4 cores 3.2 GHz) | 16 GB RAM | GTX470 | SSD boot plus 3x HDDs
Laptop: Win 8.1 | i7 4710HQ (4 cores 2.5 GHz)| 16 GB RAM | GTX850m | SSD boot plus one HDD

+++1 on the resize.
Novalis wrote:Just tried out this very fine EQ.

I have two questions, though:

1.) As far as I see, the size of the GUI is fixed (please correct me if I'm wrong).

2.) Altough I selected English during the installation, all labels in the GUI are in German.

There are also some wrong translations of some of the terms in the German version, btw.

Novalis wrote:Just tried out this very fine EQ.

Thank you very much!
Novalis wrote:1.) As far as I see, the size of the GUI is fixed (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Yes, we are working on it and plan to add this feature to all our plug-ins.
Novalis wrote:2.) Altough I selected English during the installation, all labels in the GUI are in German.
Equalize uses the language setting from the OS. You can simply delete to translation file "Equalize_de.loc" from the VST plug-in directory if you want to have it in English. If you want the help in English as well, you can also delete "Equalize_de.chm".
Novalis wrote:There are also some wrong translations of some of the terms in the German version, btw.
I'd be very interesting in knowing which. Would it be possible for you to send me a PM with the incorrect terms?

Best,
Stian

mesaone wrote:Let me throw my hat in the ring here.
Thanks! :-)
mesaone wrote:I would love for the bandwidth control to be available for HPF and LPF. I know it can be done with an additional peak filer, but I would really like to use a single band in Equalize for a resonant filter.

p.s. I bought it last month anyway, because I am enamored with mixed phase.
A 'resonance' parameter for shelves and cuts are planned for v1.1. I'm very glad to hear that you like the mixed phase mode since much effort was put into designing it (and I personally prefer it over the minimum and linear phase modes).

Best,
Stian

Awesome!!!
Novalis wrote:1.) As far as I see, the size of the GUI is fixed (please correct me if I'm wrong).

This is great news!
Makes me seriously consider buying Equalize instead of FF Pro-Q 2.
You can simply delete to translation file "Equalize_de.loc" from the VST plug-in directory if you want to have it in English.
Thanks for the info!
Would it be possible for you to send me a PM with the incorrect terms?
Sure, will do :)
A 'resonance' parameter for shelves and cuts are planned for v1.1.
This is great news, too...

I installed my new Equalize 1.06 on my Win 7 32-bit 2-core Intel laptop running Reaper 4.75. When I insert Equalize Reaper cpu utilization jumps up about 40% percent which maybe is expected but the SYSTEM process goes from about 1% to 30% until I turn off both analyzers. With the analyzers on I'm pretty much toast and the system bogs down and nothing happens for a while till I remove Equalize. I can run several Nebula/Acqua instances without a problem (my current load test!) What am I doing wrong, maybe missing some dependency?
Thanks!

Novalis wrote:
Would it be possible for you to send me a PM with the incorrect terms?
Sure, will do :)
Thanks, highly appreciated!

Best,
Stian

kylen wrote:I installed my new Equalize 1.06 on my Win 7 32-bit 2-core Intel laptop running Reaper 4.75. When I insert Equalize Reaper cpu utilization jumps up about 40% percent which maybe is expected but the SYSTEM process goes from about 1% to 30% until I turn off both analyzers. With the analyzers on I'm pretty much toast and the system bogs down and nothing happens for a while till I remove Equalize. I can run several Nebula/Acqua instances without a problem (my current load test!) What am I doing wrong, maybe missing some dependency?
Thanks!
Thanks for the feedback. The graphic drivers seem to be an issue here. What does the CPU meter in Reaper say? I'll experiment with OpenGL for acceleration of the analyzers, but it depends on the drivers how much impact this has.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote:... The graphic drivers seem to be an issue here. What does the CPU meter in Reaper say? I'll experiment with OpenGL for acceleration of the analyzers, but it depends on the drivers how much impact this has...
CPU meter in Reaper=0%
TaskManager Reaper=45%
TaskManager SYSTEM=35%
Thanks for looking at this stian!
I'll use Equalize some more tonight and leave the analyzers disabled, I have SPAN Plus so I think I can simulate before/after analyzer if necessary...now for some sound! :)

EDIT: I'm on a Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Display. I have the latest drivers but reinstalled them anyway, same problem. The drivers are from 2009 though so I might be out of luck for the analyzer feature. Odd that the problem occurs even with Equalize de-selected in Reaper.

EDIT2: stain - If you don't see anything you can do on your side for my problem I wonder if you could let me select the default preset that comes up when I insert Equalize - that way I can turn off the analyzers in the default preset I create - it's pretty hard to turn off both analyzers before my cpu tops out in a project with a couple of plugins already there. Thanks!

EDIT3: More Information. If I change Reaper to open VST plugin in generic UI then Equalize will open and all the utilization stats I posted above are normal. using the default settings (500Hz, BW=1, Slope=12db) I can set a -6db gain and pink noise shows the result in Span correctly. When I set slope to 24db SYSTEM process gets 25%, Reaper shows Equalize has 1% or so, Task Manager shows Reaper consuming 70%cpu. So possibly I can use Equalize if I bring up generic UI first and don't use slope.

kylen wrote:I'll use Equalize some more tonight and leave the analyzers disabled, I have SPAN Plus so I think I can simulate before/after analyzer if necessary...now for some sound! :)

EDIT: I'm on a Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Display. I have the latest drivers but reinstalled them anyway, same problem. The drivers are from 2009 though so I might be out of luck for the analyzer feature. Odd that the problem occurs even with Equalize de-selected in Reaper.

EDIT2: stain - If you don't see anything you can do on your side for my problem I wonder if you could let me select the default preset that comes up when I insert Equalize - that way I can turn off the analyzers in the default preset I create - it's pretty hard to turn off both analyzers before my cpu tops out in a project with a couple of plugins already there. Thanks!

EDIT3: More Information. If I change Reaper to open VST plugin in generic UI then Equalize will open and all the utilization stats I posted above are normal. using the default settings (500Hz, BW=1, Slope=12db) I can set a -6db gain and pink noise shows the result in Span correctly. When I set slope to 24db SYSTEM process gets 25%, Reaper shows Equalize has 1% or so, Task Manager shows Reaper consuming 70%cpu. So possibly I can use Equalize if I bring up generic UI first and don't use slope.
Thank you very much for providing detailed information. I'm sorry, but I didn't get a chance to look into this today, but I'll experiment with Equalize and Reaper as soon as possible. I understand from what you write, that the GUI freezes completely and that shouldn't be the case even if the on-board graphics can't cope with the refresh rate.

Best,
Stian

kylen wrote:I'll use Equalize some more tonight and leave the analyzers disabled, I have SPAN Plus so I think I can simulate before/after analyzer if necessary...now for some sound! :)
I've done some optimizations in the drawing code and uploaded an intermediate build for testing: Could you please check if it improves the situation?

Thanks,
Stian

Stian - yes Win32 1.0.8 is a lot better - I can use the EQ now. I'll have a better report tonight. I used 3 bands and played audio thru it. Changing slope eats a lot of cpu but not like before. Thank you

I just love to see how Acon Digital takes good care of their customers. Active on both KVR and GS, issues are fixed very quickly most of the times and they take feature requests seriously. I just love it when not only the plugins are awesome, but also the people behind it! :tu:
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Return to “Effects”