New Softube Mutronics Mutator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Robmobius wrote:
jackson881 wrote:A $99 intro price and I would have bought it instantly. $200 is going to scare a lot of people away. Too many other great plugs.
Definitely, I'd a snapped it up, but not for 200.
Then get The Drop, it can do the same but more versatile (eg filter models, parallel/serial, step seq, fm, visual feedback), doesn't require a dongle and costs $99 or discounted if you own The Glue
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Doesn't the Swedish government have a role to play in the generally high prices of products based out of that country?

Not sure if they pay any licesing to the original manufacture or something,but still i guess introductory price of 99 will make everyone buy it ..
Slate giving away all his stuff for 99 and they are not less quality then Softube thats for sure.
We can only guess what this guys expenses are Sweden its not the cheapest place ...

Anyway i will demo it and see for myself !

Mutator doesn't aptly describe it, "Hugs and kisses" would be more appropriate.

I would see it more as a mixing tool than a creative tool, it sounds very "warm" and can make some great stereo effects (be careful), but the filter itself is so dull it's not exactly acid material. The drop is definitely the best filter, but I can see myself using this for some subtle flavor.

- Holding in "Alt" while dragging a control will link the movement to the other channel.
- Don't go too hot into this, gain staging is important.

Im one of those lucky people that own the hardware mutator but when I saw this I thought, dam, now every one is going to be able to get the mutator sound on their tracks. Does that make me a bad person ? :borg:

Jim woolfe wrote:Im one of those lucky people that own the hardware mutator but when I saw this I thought, dam, now every one is going to be able to get the mutator sound on their tracks. Does that make me a bad person ? :borg:
The hardware will always sound better.......and you own a classic bit of limited edition kit you can leave to your grand kids :tu:

Have to download demo and do a a/ b test. Would like this as vst but spent money on Slate digital and air eq
Last edited by Jim woolfe on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Jim woolfe wrote:Im one of those lucky people that own the hardware mutator but when I saw this I thought, dam, now every one is going to be able to get the mutator sound on their tracks. Does that make me a bad person ? :borg:
The hardware will always sound better.......and you own a classic bit of limited edition kit you can leave to your grand kids :tu:
Wicked man as a "old dude" producer iI have a few of those grandkids. Trouble is my daughter has said as soon as I go to the great gig in the sky she s selling the lot !!!

Jim woolfe wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Wicked man as a "old dude" producer iI have a few of those grandkids. Trouble is my daughter has said as soon as I go to the great gig in the sky she s selling the lot !!!
Well I hope she ebays your gear rather than car boots the lot !!! :lol:

asksol wrote:Mutator doesn't aptly describe it, "Hugs and kisses" would be more appropriate.

I would see it more as a mixing tool than a creative tool, it sounds very "warm" and can make some great stereo effects (be careful), but the filter itself is so dull it's not exactly acid material. The drop is definitely the best filter, but I can see myself using this for some subtle flavor.

- Holding in "Alt" while dragging a control will link the movement to the other channel.
- Don't go too hot into this, gain staging is important.
Original also had a hugs and kisses filter. When i brought mine at first I was disappointed as i couldn't get that aggressive acid tb303 sound out of it. All it would do was self oscillate but at least I got to sound like Hawkwind. But once i got it it was great. the hardware version was a very creative tool. Cant comment on the software as haven't used it yet

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Jim woolfe wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Well I hope she ebays your gear rather than car boots the lot !!! :lol:
Ill put it in me will that she has to email you so you can make sure that she sends it to a loving home 8)

(Yawn)

Completely pointless if you have The Drop.

Good luck, though. I like Softube in general.

-Sam

Jim woolfe wrote:Im one of those lucky people that own the hardware mutator
:hail: Not easy to find now

VSE says: "most likely the best stand-alone rack mount stereo (two channel) filter, modulation and envelope follower unit."

Without it, where would french filter house have been at the end of the 90's ?

Meh at this.. not even remotely interested nor even bothering to demo. I have the best filter plugin in the world already.

Softube fan boy here and not interested in that new product at all...why not emulating a new great piece of hardware like they did with Summit Audio or Trident ?
I wish they did an emu of a Distressor for example. I'll pass this one, already have my beloved Drop. I'm a bit disappointed by this release, it's been a long time since they didn't release something for the native format (VST/AAX/AU) and I wish they created something more interesting than this one.
There are already a bunch of great filtering processors, I just don't get the point here...They are pretty late on releasing that kind of product imo. :?
Last edited by Endor-8o8 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”