What x-mas freebies will 2014 give?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you, NI!

Replika is buggy as hell in Reaper 32 and 64bit. Freezes then crashes when I close the GUI box and the preset browser is empty. Tried reinstalling and reactivating and it still does the same. Unusable at the moment.

minijetsdonttalk wrote:Replika is buggy as hell in Reaper 32 and 64bit. Freezes then crashes when I close the GUI box and the preset browser is empty. Tried reinstalling and reactivating and it still does the same. Unusable at the moment.
Not seeing this in Reaper on Mac - it's playing fine and all presets are there.

minijetsdonttalk wrote:Replika is buggy as hell in Reaper 32 and 64bit. Freezes then crashes when I close the GUI box and the preset browser is empty. Tried reinstalling and reactivating and it still does the same. Unusable at the moment.
Hi, is your video card Open GL 2.1 compliant?
Graphics hardware support for OpenGL 2.1 or higher
rsp
sound sculptist

Or it could be that Reaper is buggy as hell...

If a piece of software doesn't work on your system when it seems to work on everyone else's, it doesn't necessarily mean that the software has bugs.

e@rs wrote:Thank you, NI!
+1 :clap:

Looking back, this is what they have handed out over the years, it's sure is a nice collection :)

2014: Replika
2013: Supercharger
2012: Driver
2011: Skanner (Reaktor)
2010: Mikro Prism (Reaktor)
2009: Holiday selection Vol.2 (Kore)

Numanoid wrote:
e@rs wrote:Thank you, NI!
+1 :clap:

Looking back, this is what they have handed out over the years, it's sure is a nice collection :)

2014: Replika
2013: Supercharger
2012: Driver
2011: Skanner (Reaktor)
2010: Mikro Prism (Reaktor)
2009: Holiday selection Vol.2 (Kore)
Before that things like Metaphysical Function and Cha Osc too.

aMUSEd wrote:Before that things like Metaphysical Function and Cha Osc too.
Thanks for the info, Cha OSC also was handed out in 2009, I'm gonna check that now :hyper:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/co ... show/5877/

One of my favourite ensembles - basically a modified prototype of Spark.

aMUSEd wrote:One of my favourite ensembles - basically a modified prototype of Spark.
Yeah, and Spark you need to pay good money for, so I'm really happy getting this for free :clap:

filter303 wrote:The thing you are missing is that it's a synth BUSS plugin to process sound and not an instrument. If s1 is seeng it as an effect it's working like it should ;)
So it's a filter, not an instrument? :dog:
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Integratron wrote:So it's a filter, not an instrument? :dog:
It's a freebie, that is why it was posted about here first and foremost, even though this is the instrument sub-forum.

zvenx wrote:
Hi, is your video card Open GL 2.1 compliant?
Graphics hardware support for OpenGL 2.1 or higher
rsp
Yes, it's OpenGL 3.1 (Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000)
Strange, as this is the only issue I've ever had with a NI product and I'm not gonna cry too much seeing as it's a freebie.

Have you any other hosts you can try it in?

At first fast test, Replika works fine here. Neither crash when closing GUI nor empty browser. And it sounds great. Reaper 64, win7, i5.
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

Return to “Instruments”