Niemand wou oorlog (muzikale poezië)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mainly for dutchies. (please don't trow the lyrics in Google translate, it will rape you)

https://soundcloud.com/matthijsbos/niemand-wou-oorlog

For more of my writings and thoughts (some short stories in English)

I really enjoyed this. Something about the Dutch language fascinates me. The enthusiasm and clarity/confidence of the vocal delivery here really shone through. The music worked well. Great 2AM listening.

Good work :D

Dutch is a nice language but way harder to rhyme then English. Did you understand what I was saying?

I understood a lot of the words, but not the sense that you were trying to convey. I lived in Assen for 3 years from '97-2000 so I'm very rusty now. Google translate didn't do a bad job :)

very impressive. besides the title I could not understand the text. is that you or an actor? anyway I thought the voice was very good & authentical and the emotional interplay with the Music. what would you Think about a YouTube Video Version with english undertitles?

It's my voice.

That would not work. It's poetry in dutch and the first half rhymes. In some cases I am rhyming 6 or 7 words in a sentence. It would be very hard for me to even translate it to English and keep the same rhythm, feeling and even meaning. It's about Nobody and Somebody and I am both talking about them as actual persons and also their meaning . It's impossible to translate to English and still have the same thing. Languages work different. You can't translate wordplay jokes and stuff. . My dutch is so much better than my English, I think I know at least twice as many words in Dutch as in English. I could redo the whole think in English but that would take some time and probably would not be as good. I probably got inspired by CS Lewis his Pilgrim Regress that I read a month ago.

Glad you guys enjoy it! Now I'm sad the non dutch speakers can't follow and enjoy the story :(

Basically; it's about how Nobody wants war (or so they say) but eventually they go to war anyway. Like when you don't want to do something and then you do it anyway. It's a think in humanity but it's not a very good think. (read news papers and the feelings of the public before WW1 and WW2 to find out what I am talking about)

Return to “Music Cafe”