Fools Rush In - ElectroProg (Seismic Gridlock)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jesse Gorter wrote:Dark but not scary. Seems more like introspective analysis of the mind rather than a 'stab you in the eye-horror-theme'.

Production is...typical you? Which is excellent.
Thanks very much for listening and the great comments, Jesse. This was written as a follow-up to Altar, so there is a bit of a "subterranean" vibe.

Glad you liked the production. I had a few parameters to juggle with :wink:

folderol wrote:
seismic1 wrote: Gonna take some time off over Xmas,
Good plan.
recharge the batteries,
Yep.
spend time with the family,
O... Kay...
maybe even play the guitar :wheee:
You sure? :hihi:
Looking good so far, at least for the first item on the list :wink:

Codestation wrote:Another excellent tune, man! I really like the last 30 seconds; so much yearning in there and it feels like something is trying to emerge, it tries floating in, then it tries structure, but that's not its natural state, it has to just be free of all that... Dunno... Like it rushed in to the "mold" of its world and decided it didn't like the constraints. I love reverb and lonely wailing sounds.
Thanks very much for listening, and for the excellent summary. Glad you liked it :)

Some of the sounds combined with the processing, whether by convolution or reverb seem to feel like they're either trying to escape, or are being "forced" to go somewhere they really don't want to be.

respect Tim
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

drumity wrote:Hey Tim !

Beautiful beginning and
you took me in
complete turnaround of the mood and
alot of melodic friction

I like this disharmonism
not the common expected phrases and
sound structures

Inconvenient associativity
leading to versatile activity

Fin de l'histoire

(( D ))
Salut, Daniel.

Merci beaucoup pour l'écoute et pour les grands commentaires. Je suis très heureux que vous avez apprécié cette chansonnette :)

Some of the evolving/morphing synth patches on here took this piece in an interesting direction, both sonically and harmonically. I was a little concerned that things might "get out of control" , so I had to make sure that the mix levels were just right, particularly for that "distorted guitar" synth patch. Then I added a heavy dose of B2 to the synth pads, just to be sure.

seismic1 wrote:Salut, Daniel.

Merci beaucoup pour l'écoute et pour les grands commentaires. Je suis très heureux que vous avez apprécié cette chansonnette :)
Zut alors ! Tu parles aussi le francais ?

A hell of a guy ;-)

(( D ))

Genetic_Junk wrote:Wow! This is definitely my favorite from you. Very enjoyable narrative. Good mix too considering the heavy use of reverb. Substance and form are in agreement; the arrangement and timbre compliment each other very well.
Thanks very much for the great comments and the listen G_J. Glad you liked it :D

The long reverbs weren't too difficult to mix 'cos I fed the pads through the same instance of B2, and the Piano was parallel split through Convoluter and Eos. Most of the percussion went through a short CSR Plate and a delay. And some of the synths used their built-in reverbs or delays. The difficult seemed to be getting the EQ HPF settings right for the various bass synths.

This builds nicely.

Its like a novel that has many chapters, each one leading up to some mystery you cant predict.

Also, there is a nice visual quality.

Very suited for film or soundtrack work.

Great job!

I don't have much new to add in terms of specific comments beyond what's already been said, except to agree with the sentiment that this is very dramatic, has a lot of interesting and logically related elements as it unfolds, and that it would be perfect for a suspenseful soundtrack.

Mister Natural wrote:respect Tim
Thanks very much Mister Natural. Glad you liked it :)

A Merry Christmas to you

nice.... very cinematic (if that's a word)..... for me the sounds could be a bit more organic and edgy but that's just me and my synth allergy.

drumity wrote:
seismic1 wrote:Salut, Daniel.

Zut alors ! Tu parles aussi le francais ?

A hell of a guy ;-)

(( D ))
I spoke a little French way back in my whippersnapper period. These days its more like:-

"Traded in my gab for this one
And he signs his name with a capital G"

PatchAdamz wrote:This builds nicely.

Its like a novel that has many chapters, each one leading up to some mystery you cant predict.

Also, there is a nice visual quality.

Very suited for film or soundtrack work.

Great job!
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, PatchAdamz. Glad you liked it :)

Thanks for the great comments, and have a Happy New Year :tu:

jopy wrote:I don't have much new to add in terms of specific comments beyond what's already been said, except to agree with the sentiment that this is very dramatic, has a lot of interesting and logically related elements as it unfolds, and that it would be perfect for a suspenseful soundtrack.
Thanks very much for giving this a listen and commenting, jopy. I hope you enjoyed it :)

Looking forward to listening to your new one tomorrow. TD were a big thing for me way back when.

Hey I actually thought this track was pretty cool!

Good job!
:borg:

Return to “Music Cafe”