Not always receiving mails for subscribed topics

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I regularly encounter topics on which I subscribed, or posted in, while browsing the latest posts with new posts.

But when checking my mail, I didn't receive a notification.

For some topics I receive notification by mail, for some I don't.

Do other members encounter the same? ist there an explanation why some updates are notified by mail and others aren't?

I always check my spam folder, btw.

Nobody else encountered this?

manducator wrote:Nobody else encountered this?
It happens from time to time for me too, but quite seldom. I also check the spam folder

I also had a notification long after I had allready read all posts in a thread (perhaps half a day after), and the link lead me not to the last post but to the first post of the thread. Weird. That was on an Android phone though, could have been some glitch between the e-mail reader and my choice of browser for all I know.

Yep, also notice occasional lack of notifications. It seems that it only happens when I'm not logged in, i.e. not browsing on KVR, while it perfectly works when I'm here and logged in.

My understanding is that at least it should work the other way round.

Ah ok, thanks for your replies.

I don't have a smartphone, desktop pc with firefox and hotmail.

manducator wrote:Ah ok, thanks for your replies.

I don't have a smartphone, desktop pc with firefox and hotmail.
The problem you mentioned happens on desktop for me too when it happens, and for me it's also usually Firefox on Windows 7. I meant the other and possibly unrelated problem happened on my "smart" phone.

BTW I think they should launch stupidphones as an alternative. :P

It happened again now. I made a post in the "The Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals thread" somewhat more than an hour ago, a few minutes later a reply was made (also that over an hour ago) and I didn't realise until just now as I got no notification. When I checked the thread I also checked that there still was an option to unsubscribe at the bottom, which means I should still be subscribing. That specific thread isn't all that important, but it may hopefully provide some useful information for whoever will try to fix this to have a concrete excample. :)

Windows 7, Firefox 33.1.1.

Return to “Site Stuff”