Mixcraft 7 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Glass Viper Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio Mixcraft 10.5 Recording Studio Renegade

Upgrade path from Mixcraft Pro 6?
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

werp wrote:Upgrade path from Mixcraft Pro 6?
Go into Buy and there are options to enter v6 info to get upgrade coupon.

So far very impressed. No sweat install, demo project loaded and playing before doing anything.

Only thing I had to change was entering the two ordinary paths I use for 64-bit plugins, and remove the one at 32-bit path.

lfm wrote:
werp wrote:Upgrade path from Mixcraft Pro 6?
Go into Buy and there are options to enter v6 info to get upgrade coupon.

So far very impressed. No sweat install, demo project loaded and playing before doing anything.

Only thing I had to change was entering the two ordinary paths I use for 64-bit plugins, and remove the one at 32-bit path.
Cool!
Thanks for that, I'm in bed with my iPad.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

I have demoed Mixcraft a few times over the years, felt it was a toy.

Saw this post, downloaded the demo and wow, this baby is all grown up!

I was amazed how easy it was sto operate. It doesn't really do anything my Sonar X3 can't do..... but it is a heck of a lot easier in Mixcraft. As one that likes the "simple but works" things in life, I may be a certified Mixcraft user soon.

Seemed to be rock solid as well as easy on the CPU. Every 64 bit plugin I threw at it worked, including Maschine 2. THe ease to switch between piano roll and notation was a joy. I can't get over how easy it all is, I did not have to look at a help file or manual even once. Impressive to me for sure.

Of course it does not have the 6 million features/bloat of the big boys, but it sure as heck works well. I will push the demo for a week or so, and then depending on how it goes, purchase the non "pro" version. The pro version is fine, it's just that I have all the plugin's I need.
Dell desktop Win 10 /2012 MacBook Pro
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

There are academic license versions of Mixcraft for legitimate students or educators.

Clip launcher looks neat.

any detailed info on the clip launcher? can you record audio and or midi into clips?

the Step Editor looks interesting as well

Step Editor For Fun and Inspiring Beat and Pattern Creation

Rapidly create pattern-based rhythmic and musical phrases with the new Step Editor’s intuitive grid-based interface.

http://acoustica.com/mixcraft/mixcraft-7-whats-new.html

Sounds inviting to demo this version (need some time until I can do so),
the 64bit version has an internal 32bit-64bit bridge to run both ?
Would be nice to read something on how it works on a daily basis.

If I understand it right, the basic version is $90,
which is full engine without peripheral bundle of vst and vsti.
If so, price is inviting too.

Depending of comprehensive usage,
utilization can go from sketches up to full time.

Dewaine wrote:I have demoed Mixcraft a few times over the years, felt it was a toy.

Saw this post, downloaded the demo and wow, this baby is all grown up!

I was amazed how easy it was sto operate. It doesn't really do anything my Sonar X3 can't do..... but it is a heck of a lot easier in Mixcraft. As one that likes the "simple but works" things in life, I may be a certified Mixcraft user soon.

Seemed to be rock solid as well as easy on the CPU. Every 64 bit plugin I threw at it worked, including Maschine 2. THe ease to switch between piano roll and notation was a joy. I can't get over how easy it all is, I did not have to look at a help file or manual even once. Impressive to me for sure.

Of course it does not have the 6 million features/bloat of the big boys, but it sure as heck works well. I will push the demo for a week or so, and then depending on how it goes, purchase the non "pro" version. The pro version is fine, it's just that I have all the plugin's I need.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Dewaine wrote: I was amazed how easy it was sto operate. It doesn't really do anything my Sonar X3 can't do..... but it is a heck of a lot easier in Mixcraft. As one that likes the "simple but works" things in life, I may be a certified Mixcraft user soon.

Agree fully, such a joy to work with and well thought out.
I ran it for at least 7 hours yesterday and no issues.

Bought it obviously. To me it superseeds Samplitude Music Studio, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3, StudioOne and Reaper.

The only a bit unorthodox thingy to me was selecting midi out port to external equipment in the dialog where you select VST Instruments for output - but very logical when thinking more about it. Preferences only has the midi devices - not specific in/out ports - felt lost there for a minute.

I'm one of those people who has a offline computer for music. for a few reasons. looks like you have to be online to instal mixcraft? even after buying?

Running audio I usually are disconnected, but connect for convenience installing stuff.

Running trial - or registration itself fails?
Maybe they overlooked something.

As I understood from their forum, both Mixcraft and síte is new so there were some anomalies looking for updates and getting suggestion to install older copies.

Looking a bit closer into it,
I see rewire is on beta stage and I have to wait till solid.

It looks like to be an interesting candidate to function as a rewired 64bit vsti host.
Moreover with internal bridging providing goodies in 32bit / 64bit.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Downloaded the demo and I had a play. Seems pretty good. One thing I am curious about is the timestretching. It seems reasonable quality but, just like the awful one in Bitwig, it doesn't give the option to use different algorithms for different sound types. It would appear that Ableton Live is the only DAW that has this important choice.

The interface seems old fashioned and reminiscent of something I used about 10 or more years ago - pity really as it belies a good and fun DAW.

Would I purchase it ? .... well it's cheap at $90 , possibly.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”