Waves Gift: OneKnob Pumper (not free anymore)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This whole process just reminded me why I will never buy Waves products again, and probably wont be jumping on the 'freebies' ever again either. They need to fix their stupid installer system.

Inb4 peeps moaning about this freebie and letting us know why they'll never use Waves.

Oh,wait.
Last edited by samsam on Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Designed for achieving an instant ducking effect, OneKnob Pumper simulates sidechain compression, saving you the need to route the kick track to the sidechain input of a compressor.

I think I'll pass on this one - but thank you for the email reminder, Waves.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

hibidy wrote:Image

:lol: so awesome
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

samsam wrote:Inb4 peeps moaning about this freebie and letting us know why they'll never use Waves.

Oh,wait.
HAHAHA oh god you're so clever!

And MEMES?! THATS SO FUNNY GUYS OMG!!!!

Glad you like it! Now, go make music! :hihi:

Installation was a piece of cake here. Pretty cool little plugin, I just wish it had a MIDI learn function. Oh well, gift horse. :D
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

To be fair, part of what I was saying (always trying to impart some levity) was that we go through this at least every year. There are ALWAYS people who for some reason, cannot get their waves registered and installed. And....it almost ALWAYS ends up with "omg, I'll never buy waves, it's horrible" etc.

What would be best is if you allowed those of us that have no issue, walk you through it.

HINT. Many people have had issue with the "woli" Any kind of antimalware/etc can cause issues with this (I actually had a remote service tech once, so I understand what they are saying)

Though it's a large download, you can always try the "offline" installer and it will usually work.

hibidy wrote:To be fair, part of what I was saying (always trying to impart some levity) was that we go through this at least every year. There are ALWAYS people who for some reason, cannot get their waves registered and installed. And....it almost ALWAYS ends up with "omg, I'll never buy waves, it's horrible" etc.
+1

I'm always wondering how the hell is it so hard for some. The process is quite straightforward. IMHO. Download the installer, check what you need installed, choose the VST plugin folder, install. Then log in to Licensing Center and send your licenses to your computer. Start using your plugins.

If I put my tin-foil hat on I start to think that maybe Waves has made it so that the process is like a very simple IQ test. If you fail, then you are probably not smart enough to use the plugins anyway. Maybe they have somehow calculated that it is better restrain dumb people using their plugins as they would probably waste too much time of the support personnel. :shrug:
No signature here!

It's a completely cumbersome and pointless process.

Sorry I so offended you beloved Waves though, you guys seem really bent out of shape. Calling people dumb? Grow up buddy. :roll:

It is free. It works great for the vast majority of people. If it doesn't work great for you then jump through the necessary hoops to get it to work for you or try the alternative method. If any of that is too much for you its a free plugin that does nothing you can't already do so just skip it. Don't really see the issue.

Personally, I'll take it. It'll save me like three mouse clicks over tal filter which is my current go to fake sidechain compressor plugin.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Somebody compared it with Hinton & Fairchild’s BIGKIXDIPPA?

hibidy wrote:Image
Brilliant!

:D

Works excellent, very easy to use and they tweaked the envelope behavior very well so it sounds as expected from a compressor with sidechain. The additional options like the offset is great for non-offbeat pumping. This "One Knob" plug-ins are a good idea and to give this for free is very nice gift. I think I will use it a lot for stuff where I don't need the additional features from the Vengeance Multiband Sidechain.

Inspired me enough to play a bit with it on a reverb tail and for background pads :party:
Frank Arnold - Monument

Return to “Effects”