WHOOSH v.1.1 Advanced Sound Design Instrument For NI Reaktor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK, that makes sense. And those are perfectly valid applications. But come on, admit it. Most of the buyers are just laying back deep in a cushioned chair, room darkened except for a black-light, giant headphones on, red eyes half closed... "wooooaahhh, cool man, it's like i'm spinning around but i'm just sitting here, not even moving!. How they do that?!" Maybe you should think about dropping the pretense and just market it directly toward those people. Just a suggestion.

mission failed.. :hihi:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:Image

mission failed.. :hihi:
:hihi: Now that's just terrible.

V0RT3X wrote:Since there is no demo, I don't really.. know if it's worth spending $80.00 for or not since it appears kind of a one trick pony.
No demo which is unfortunate, but the two videos... mainly their tutorial gives a very clear idea of what to expect.

And yes... In terms of creating Whoosh sound effects, yes it is intentionally a one trick pony. With that said, creating Whoosh sound effects can be extremely complex in design, and this tool allows for simplifying the process of building up a layered whoosh sound and also allows for combining impact sounds. All of which can be placed (in sequence) and panned as needed. Then it's the playback and doppler style effects that further add depth.

I also have to add the obligatory statement, that of course, in the right hands anything is capable of being more than a one trick pony.

I own this, so if the video doesn't help you decide, feel free to ask anything you like and I'll try to respond (or maybe even meltedsounds would chime in if they are still watching this thread).

Are user sounds loaded via one regular sample map file?
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Are user sounds loaded via one regular sample map file?
there can be up to 5. see around 3m40s in the tutorial: https://vimeo.com/98481156
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
https://soundcloud.com/biomechanoid

Hey, I'm just trying to help. Why run away from your key selling point? With the legalization of pot, it could be a big sales opportunity. Here's an idea.. you could call it "Wooshing"; Siting in a dark room, perfectly still, as if in an isolation tank, with no sensory activity except for the overwhelming powerful wooshing sounds that swirl around the "Woosher". You could even do some astroturfing by planting local news stories about the popular new activity that teens are getting into called "Wooshing". And of course, the hidden dangers of "Wooshing" would make it sexy and controversial and young people would line up to get involved in this rebellious new activity. This is going to be huge! You definitely want to get in on this now while it's just taking off.

TonyVegas wrote:Hey, I'm just trying to help. Why run away from your key selling point? With the legalization of pot, it could be a big sales opportunity. Here's an idea.. you could call it "Wooshing"; Siting in a dark room, perfectly still, as if in an isolation tank, with no sensory activity except for the overwhelming powerful wooshing sounds that swirl around the "Woosher". You could even do some astroturfing by planting local news stories about the popular new activity that teens are getting into called "Wooshing". And of course, the hidden dangers of "Wooshing" would make it sexy and controversial and young people would line up to get involved in this rebellious new activity. This is going to be huge! You definitely want to get in on this now while it's just taking off.
This is the Dunning-Kruger effect applied to comedy, right?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

highkoo wrote: aMUSEd, I may be misunderstanding you- Do you mean that more than one sample module can be put into the .ens 'build', and they can each load a different sample map?
Yes - and there are different sorts of sampler modules - e.g. sampler, beat loop, grain resynth - afaik they all use the sample map editor except sample lookup. That's what you are seeing in the video which shows a dropdown in the sample map editor - these are the different sample modules, each with their own sample map.

Hey guys we have a BF & CM offer running. Nice to see all that discussion going on. :-)
Feel free to contact us any time at info(at)melted sounds.com

Sorry we are currently not able to offer a demo. Cheers,
Tilman

meltedsounds - Cyber Monday - Black Friday 35% OFF!
WHOOSH | Advanced Sound Design Instrument For NI Reaktor.
http://www.meltedsounds.com/

Just wanted to chime in .. I bought Whoosh somewhat on impulse, but very quickly realized it was worth it. It produces some amazing sounds. A little difficult to use, but very powerful!

+1.1
it, along with Slayer from TwistedT has sped up designing SFX dramatically for me. I love me some Whoosh.
I gladly paid the full price.
Please buy several 100 copies during the sale you all and then I hope to see a 1.5 that does indeed make loading in my own maps easier.

Cheers
Make mine 6/8.

Return to “Instruments”