Amplitube Bass gear (besides Ampeg pack)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I know the custom shop is often updated with new guitar gear, but is it ever updated with Bass gear? I got my dad the Ampeg amps for christmas a couple of years ago and was looking at expanding his sound choices this year. Any advice?
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

There is a nice bass amp and cab in the Orange collection the AD200 mark II. Very round thick sound to it.

I think that might have been the last Bass specific amp they released.. Do you have all of the other bass amps in the CS? I mean beyond the Ampeg pack? Because there are singles in there you can pickup from the other various packages that are bass specific (for instance the AD200 in the Orange collection or the Bass amps in the Fender collection)

Not really much in the way of bass-specific effects added though I don't believe..

Being a bass player myself I like the orange sound. I currently play a terror bass 500 with an fmc cab. The AD200 MK2 is a very nice amp (my personal dream). You can't go wrong with it. Just don't expect huge impact coming from the EQ. Other heads (e.g. Trace Elliot) have a way more versatile EQ but that's what I love about the Orange amp. It just sounds great without endless knob fiddling. You'll find "your sound" pretty fast. :)

Always demo the amp. :)

Overloud Mark Bass

Studio Devil VBA

Orange and Ampeg should get you a great start. Also check out the Gallien Krueger models for a more modern sound. Justin Chancellor from Tool uses GK amps for instance if you dig that sound.

Turello wrote:Overloud Mark Bass

Studio Devil VBA
I quite like Mark Bass. The presets are pretty crappy for the most part (as are all overloud presets) but the baby got beef! The VLE and VPF are extremely useful to get that modern sound, but can be great if you want a more traditional approach as well.

Anyways, it's what I use, ymmv.

Turello wrote:Overloud Mark Bass

Studio Devil VBA
I quite like Mark Bass. The presets are pretty crappy for the most part (as are all overloud presets) but the baby got beef! The VLE and VPF are extremely useful to get that modern sound, but can be great if you want a more traditional approach as well.

Anyways, it's what I use, ymmv.

Hey Turello,

Nice post. Going OT a bit but hard not to appreciate JC's talent. Jambi is one of my favorite tool tunes. Funny the guitar parts (I'm a guitarist primarily) are so simple and easy to play but the rhythm of the song is hypnotic and JC's playing is strong. But back OT yes, I like the sound of the GK amps. They seem to be less round sounding than Ampeg and produce more "in your face" tones imho.

LGK_Dude wrote:Hello,

I know the custom shop is often updated with new guitar gear, but is it ever updated with Bass gear? I got my dad the Ampeg amps for christmas a couple of years ago and was looking at expanding his sound choices this year. Any advice?
They added Orange bass amps to Amplitube over a year ago.

@hibidy: usually I see the presets just like a starting point... ;-)

@AC222: Well, I'm a guitarist too and I like all of Tool\APC (Paz Lechantin!!! :love: ) and time ago I used an hardware Ampeg Amp (can't remember the model) with Tech21 Pre... Great Sound with my cheap\ultra light Fenix Bass!!!

If you like APC/Paz, check out Into the Presence. Her sis, Ana does strings for them :phones:

Oh, Thanks a lot Man, hope Ana is Beauty like Paz!!! ;-)

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I really like the Trace Elliot head/cab in AT3..........

Since we're posting links I'd love to see IK replicate Tal Wilkenfeld's bass rig.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgffDVO2UyA
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Effects”