Old Free VSTi Gems From The Past

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Too bad Cobalt's not around anymore (except the demo version)--- I'd buy it! :)

brian
Tired of Windows? Linux offers hundreds of good distros. For more info:
DistroWatch
Some good synths for linux: www.linuxsynths.com

there's a free Poly800 plugin, synthedit creation, have it on
another drive. very synthedit, not the korg filter(single filter
for all voices)

mztk wrote:there's a free Poly800 plugin, synthedit creation, have it on
another drive. very synthedit, not the korg filter(single filter
for all voices)
Name ? Links ? :hyper:
:tu: All is good

ffs... should have been a pm. DON'T quote it.

BlackWinny wrote:Yes Drew. It is interesting for certain things which have been abandoned.

But my french friend Benoit is still very active, with several brand new synths and effects this actual year, notably Horus MK II, Selena... and IO which is all a collection of effects having all a huge feature very rare (I let you discover). And almost all the old synths which are on these two Archive pages remains alive with new updates on the current website. Benoit is extremely active today in 2014.

http://bserrano.free.fr/
While we are at it, Drew... Benoit has just today converted to freeware his synth Dyonysos EX (a 16 voice polyphonic hybrid Subtractive/FM/Additive synth with 4 multiwaveforms LFO, many filters, 2 graphic sequencers, 2 mod matrices, a XY Pad, the MIDI learn...) which was previously a donationware (it is an extended version of the previous freeware Dyonysos), so Dyonysos EX is now freeware!

He has also today converted to freeware his filter called Circé (a huge stereo multifilter with envelope follower, 2 LFO, a step sequencer, a XY Pad, a patch manager...) which was also previously a donationware.

All the products made by Benoit are absolutely awesome!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Many thanks BlackWinny, I will investigate the synth in question :tu:

hey: made you lot a new plugin to try out. here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=426065

also: another overhaul of the Music-Society site, without the old terms about having
to log on/post regularly/download limits eased. sometimes get stuff unseen elsewhere.

http://music-society.net/index.php?action=forum

this thread: heading for 12000 posts, 800 pages, 2.5 million views :lol:

bob bobwood wrote:ffs... should have been a pm. DON'T quote it.
hehe i'll quote you then. come on, bob, you know the one...oh alright then...
oh no, :dog: that's going to take hours, isn't it..i think it's just called poly800

there's a shareware from synapse called poly 850...back a bit later with a dl.

mztk wrote:
bob bobwood wrote:ffs... should have been a pm. DON'T quote it.
hehe i'll quote you then. come on, bob, you know the one...oh alright then...
oh no, :dog: that's going to take hours, isn't it..i think it's just called poly800

there's a shareware from synapse called poly 850...back a bit later with a dl.
:( Only available for mac.

BlackWinny wrote:Yes Drew. It is interesting for certain things which have been abandoned.

But my french friend Benoit is still very active, with several brand new synths and effects this actual year, notably Horus MK II, Selena... and IO which is all a collection of effects having all a huge feature very rare (I let you discover). And almost all the old synths which are on these two Archive pages remains alive with new updates on the current website. Benoit is extremely active today in 2014.

BEWARE VIRUS ALERT!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
I download the two VSTs he just set free and when my DAW (Orion) scanned my VST folder they lit up my anti-virus software!!!!! I chose to let my anti-virus delete them, but they had infected my DAW as well!!!!! DAW was deleted as well!!! Had to do a complete re-install. I was lucky enough that I could get the install files from my Synapse account. I have deleted ALL B.Serrano VSTs from my system. I am done with this OLD GEMS B.S. OH BTW tell YOUR friend thanks. :x :x

Kevin Deas wrote:

I download the two VSTs he just set free and when my DAW (Orion) scanned my VST folder they lit up my anti-virus software!!!!! I chose to let my anti-virus delete them, but they had infected my DAW as well!!!!! DAW was deleted as well!!! Had to do a complete re-install. I was lucky enough that I could get the install files from my Synapse account. I have deleted ALL B.Serrano VSTs from my system. I am done with this OLD GEMS B.S. OH BTW tell YOUR friend thanks. :x :x
BEFORE ACCUSING OTHERS... YOU SHOULD BEGIN BY CHECKING YOUR SYSTEM FIRST!

After having read your alert I have checked once again the actual content of Benoit's website with my AVAST professional edition ! Conclusion of the full scan: NO THREAT FOUND !
:x :x :x :x :x :x

It means that the virus you relate was ALREADY in YOUR system !
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote:
Kevin Deas wrote:

After having read your alert I have checked once again the actual content of Benoit's website with my AVAST professional edition ! Conclusion of the full scan: NO THREAT FOUND !

So you say!!!!! You have been warned!!!

I just downloaded Circ and scanned with Microsoft Security essentials. Result: No threats were detected.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Kevin Deas wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:
Kevin Deas wrote:

So you say!!!!! You have been warned!!!
You should check YOUR SYSTEM ! It is obvious that either you have got that virus for a long time... either you lie ! It is exclusively one of these two solutions ! Benoit's website is totally safe as I've totally checked it once again after having read your post !
Last edited by BlackWinny on Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”