plugins to do sidechaining without a compressor, just volume or filter?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hedllo, If I try to do sidechaining with a compressor , the mixed volume I have done before is more quit as before (even at the peaks with fast release) and in the breaks without bassdrum, it is too load, so I would need one unnecessary automation track which I want to avoid.

I know LFO Tool which is capable of doing nice sidechaing, but in my DAW it is not working because it is crashin very odften (another story, please no focus on this problem...) but exactly for such a volume sidechaining effect (or maybe filter) Im looking for! I searched and I have found from BeatRig Sidekick Extended 6. Is it what i need or is the signal also more quit like if I would do it with a compressor? I have also guitar rig, lgitch2, artillery2 and psp H20 maybe someone have an idea how to do it with one of those plugins?

maybe someone could help? Thanks alot!

Vengeance Multiband Sidechain is excellent IMO, but it's not cheap and does require a dongle, if that's an issue for you.

CableGuys Volume Shaper is cheap and is an excellent alternative to LFOTool.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

thanks but both I dont like because hate dongles, the cable guys stuff I have tested and I dont like the functionality ....

What about Sidekick extended 6 and Wavesfactory trackkspacer?

So you didn't like OneKnob Pumper that Waves was just giving away for free?

The new Volume Shaper 4 by CableGuys is great, I bought the upgrade instantly! :love:

If you don't like its functionality, try One-Knob Party Pooper... :shrug:

Or try TAL-Filter, I couldn't use it for sidechains but a few hardcore people here do...

geroyannis wrote:So you didn't like OneKnob Pumper that Waves was just giving away for free?
I like it for that kind of effect, it has the essentials, the price was right.

I love Volume Shaper 4 for stuff like this

Tal Filter does patterny volume/filter ducking too, on the cheap. not bad. I use VS4 now though

If you don't like Volume Shaper, try Kickstart; it seems to be a simpler version of Volume Shaper aimed specifically at sidechain style volume ducking

http://www.kickstart-plugin.com/

I think VS4 is easier to use than previous volume shapers, I remember thinking the earlier versions were more fiddly

LFOTool, not free but worth a try ;)

Return to “Production Techniques”