FL Studio 12 BETA available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

I wouldn't expect synthetic drums out of a drumsynth either. And what's with all those ornamental controls under those presets you're stuck with? :clown:

BitWig has flashy, color-changing peak meters.

Dftt
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

tony tony chopper wrote:What if the timeline had no numbering? It'd be impossible to make music?
Renoise does this(no measure highlight, only beats), it's actually really not bad and if you're using multiple time signatures a little easier than FL where you can't turn off the thicker measure lines. I'm sure others will disagree with me but honestly I'd be fine with that as a compromise, an option to turn off the bar lines and numbers in the playlist entirely like you can with time segment highlight.
tony tony chopper wrote:Maybe that's part of the success? In the past, the few musicians who couldn't read a score sheet (Hendrix?), were seen as exceptions, today it might be the opposite.

But be happy if you're one of the few pedants who can only swear by non-4/4 music, as you pointed out, most sequencers are designed for you.
I don't think multiple time signatures is something just for people who've been formally educated in music since childhood, plenty of electronic artists like aphex twin or venetian snares that are using different time signatures and are mostly operating outside the realm of classical theory. I have no formal education either and it's something that comes up frequently. Wanting time signature changes to be easier isn't about being a pedant at all, it's something that is legitimately useful to anyone

TheNickC wrote: Renoise does this(no measure highlight, only beats), it's actually really not bad and if you're using multiple time signatures a little easier than FL where you can't turn off the thicker measure lines.
even a metronome is a gadget when you can create your own in like 4 clicks, anyway
Last edited by tony tony chopper on Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

tony tony chopper wrote:
TheNickC wrote: Renoise does this(no measure highlight, only beats), it's actually really not bad and if you're using multiple time signatures a little easier than FL where you can't turn off the thicker measure lines.
even a metronome is a gadget when you can create your own in line 4 clicks, anyway
a templete for this would be awesome! even just in the beta for now so we could mess with it.

Hi every i am using Korg Legacy Cell Vst.i just realised that i cant automate a certain knob because FL STUDIO doesnt show it on the automation knob list on the library.is there a way to automate directly from the plugin without having to open automation list.and i also seem to cant find automation for Pitch Bend Wheel too.

ELECTRONIC FREAK wrote:Hi every i am using Korg Legacy Cell Vst.i just realised that i cant automate a certain knob because FL STUDIO doesnt show it on the automation knob list on the library.is there a way to automate directly from the plugin without having to open automation list.and i also seem to cant find automation for Pitch Bend Wheel too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QhJM_mq ... =1&list=WL
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

^^ I really need to re-record that video... stupid mag-glass screen capture!
Eternitysound VST Banks

werp wrote:
ELECTRONIC FREAK wrote:Hi every i am using Korg Legacy Cell Vst.i just realised that i cant automate a certain knob because FL STUDIO doesnt show it on the automation knob list on the library.is there a way to automate directly from the plugin without having to open automation list.and i also seem to cant find automation for Pitch Bend Wheel too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QhJM_mq ... =1&list=WL
I appreciate the person that took the time to make the Mod-Wheel workaround video. But there should not have to be a so called "Workaround". You shouldn't have to. It should be "Automatic" like everyone else.

Today I bought Fl Studio 11 Signature Bumble.
Why?
Great DAW
Version 12 seems will be a fantastic update.
Designed for multi-touch screen
Super midi piano roll.
Includes Good VST's and VSTi’s which I can use with other DAWs
Stand alone and can run as a VSTi in another DAW.
Lifetime free updaters. Wow!
The price was right
How can I go wrong? :love:

For additional reasons
http://www.image-line.com/flstudio/

Kalamata Kid wrote:Today I bought Fl Studio 11 Signature Bumble.
Why?
Great DAW
Version 12 seems will be a fantastic update.
Designed for multi-touch screen
Super midi piano roll.
Includes Good VST's and VSTi’s which I can use with other DAWs
Stand alone and can run as a VSTi in another DAW.
Lifetime free updaters. Wow!
The price was right
How can I go wrong? :love:

For additional reasons
http://www.image-line.com/flstudio/
Congatulations ! :tu:

Yes... A Great DAW, Great Company behind it, and FL12 will be a fantastic DAW. Hope it is getting closer to the end of it's beta-testing Cycle.

Really enjoying the new UI on my Surface Pro 2. It would be nice if it handled gestures a bit better (swiping to scroll instead of having to use the scrollbars on the playlist) with better recognition of a swipe vs a 'move item' etc, but I realise it's not easy getting that just right.

The main problem now will be non-scalable VSTs...

Thanks for the video it cleard up a lot of things.but the mod and pitch wheel function is not a standard feature in FL STUDIO its another workaround.i tried copying pitch events to another plugin piano roll.that failed...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”