Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New features:

Scale and chord engine
Arpeggiator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7wPwixnUbY
Bitwig

Lovin' my Maschine. Great update, some whiners on the forum but that's expected.

I have the original MK1 from 6 years ago (as well as the latest Maschine Studio) and it is amazing to me NI is still supporting the original MK1. I know Akai sure wouldn't lol.........

Anyway, Over the past 4 years Maschine has matured nicely.
Dell desktop Win 10 /2012 MacBook Pro
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

I've found the chord and arp functionality within Maschine hardware, it's a welcome addition, but it only seems to work on the hardware pads. I can't find any reference to it in the software.

Anyone know whether it's possible to drive it from the software and use it with a keyboard...or do you think (as I suspect) NI have prevented this to push sales of Kontrol keyboards?

Does it bork anything?

Scales and Arp and Chord only from the pads, no keyboard support... unless you get the new NI keyboards.

I use a Q49 keyboard, but find with the scales function, I will be using the keyboard less.It would be nice if it worked with any midi keyboard, but I'm happy to at least have the added functionality in the pads.

Over the years Maschine has gradually but radically changed the way I make music.
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

Dewaine, have you not understood NI by now? They have a plan. Get people to complain like you and everyone is like why doesnt this work with my midi keyboard then in 2.3 or 2.4 they will give it to you...

from a perspective of features, it seems like over the years NI has released a lot of ideas half-assed and then went to add on to them as time progressed. This chord feature being one of them. Why can't they have their midi filter midi from your keyboard when they do on the pads? They totally can they just be waiting for everyone to complain over it for a while for the feature.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

My suggestion to you QT is that you not use NI products. As for me, I will continue to use Maschine, and enjoy it.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow....
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”