Does anyone here use the SUBPAC to produce with?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Be careful, it can trigger earthquakes! :o

Loki Fuego wrote:I'm more interested in how using it translates to improved mixes.
By allowing you to make much better low end mix decisions. Being able to feel the shape of your low end and how dynamic it is makes it invaluable for mixing IMO.

barryfell wrote:
Loki Fuego wrote:I'm more interested in how using it translates to improved mixes.
By allowing you to make much better low end mix decisions. Being able to feel the shape of your low end and how dynamic it is makes it invaluable for mixing IMO.
Do your mixes translate to other systems ok? I've never liked mixing on headphones.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
barryfell wrote:
Do your mixes translate to other systems ok? I've never liked mixing on headphones.
I've only used it on one track so far but I believe it has helped to make it more transferrable. Time will tell with more experience of using it. I need to use headphones a lot of the time, and the sub-bass is the one area I often find too much or too little of when I reference on other systems. I'm hoping the SubPac makes that job easier.

Going by what others have said who have been using it a lot longer than I have it seems to be the case.

barryfell wrote:
I'm worried that it just maybe something akin to boosting bass of your output signal. It feels better, but it doesn't result in better mixes.
Wonder whether my advice worth a penny? Check my music at Soundcloud and decide for yourself.
re:vibe and Loki Fuego @ Soundcloud

Loki Fuego wrote:
barryfell wrote:
I'm worried that it just maybe something akin to boosting bass of your output signal. It feels better, but it doesn't result in better mixes.
It's not, as it's letting you know what is going on in your bass more clearly than you can often workout with headphones or monitors at lower volume. Boosting bass when monitoring on headphones often doesn't reveal sub-bass issues that come with it.

Also, you can remove the sub sensation just by changing your posture, so instant A/Bing is always available for when you want to hear what your track's like without it.

Did you try any of your older tracks on it? How the bass feels?
Wonder whether my advice worth a penny? Check my music at Soundcloud and decide for yourself.
re:vibe and Loki Fuego @ Soundcloud

Just pulled the trigger on a Subpac S2 :D .

There was a pre-order discount plus I got a discount code on top from them for showing interest. With shipping to the UK it came to £220, which I think was a good deal. The S2 doesn't ship till January so I got an anxious wait until then :hihi: .

d-s-m wrote:Just pulled the trigger on a Subpac S2 :D .

There was a pre-order discount plus I got a discount code on top from them for showing interest. With shipping to the UK it came to £220, which I think was a good deal. The S2 doesn't ship till January so I got an anxious wait until then :hihi: .
Nice. :) I'm tempted to do the same. How did you get the discount code?

Bear in mind there will be customs and VAT to pay when you get it through which will be about £50.

Loki Fuego wrote:Did you try any of your older tracks on it? How the bass feels?
Some tracks were fine, but it exposed some slight issues with others i'd like to have had a SupPac at the time to have maybe avoided with better low end mixing.

barryfell wrote:

Bear in mind there will be customs and VAT to pay when you get it through which will be about £50.
I just got the code emailed to me, I assume they got my email address after I entered a competition to win a Subpac a while back. It was a 'unique' code so I don't know if it will work for anyone else, feel free to pm me tho if you wanna try it.

And I was hoping I might avoid the custom charge, but £50?? Ouch! :(

d-s-m wrote:
barryfell wrote:

I just got the code emailed to me, I assume they got my email address after I entered a competition to win a Subpac a while back. It was a 'unique' code so I don't know if it will work for anyone else, feel free to pm me tho if you wanna try it.

And I was hoping I might avoid the custom charge, but £50?? Ouch! :(
It's the VAT rather than the customs charge that is the expensive part. 20%.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I just found out you can pre-order a SubPac S2 at ChuckLevins.com

http://www.chucklevins.com/subpac-s2-se ... ss-system/ (http://www.chucklevins.com/subpac-s2-seatback-tactile-bass-system/)

Very Cool 8)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”