Soundtoys 5 details

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Heartfeltdawn wrote:Hmmmmm. Looks like I am going to have to get an iLok. Drat!
Soundtoys were the reason I got an iLok and I still hate them for that, although the plugins are great :x
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Ordered. God, I'm finally going to be an iLok owner for about four weeks until Soundtoys 5 comes out :D

Heartfeltdawn wrote:Ordered. God, I'm finally going to be an iLok owner for about four weeks until Soundtoys 5 comes out :D
And you will still have iLok, you can just move it to your computer. But beware when your computer crashes ;)

I wouldn't trust my licences on a hard drive with all those moving parts.

Yup. Best is to have them on the dongle, plus ZDT and an extra spare dongle.

Kaboom75 wrote:I wouldn't trust my licences on a hard drive with all those moving parts.
I agree, but that shouldn't be a problem when using an SSD. :wink:
What I'm wondering; if I clean up my studio, I know where the dongle is - no chance of throwing it away by accident. But when I clean up my hard drive (e.g. reinstall Windows), where is that iLok soft licenser license file(s), to backup? And is it connected to the Windows installation and/or other hardware components? Or can it only be backed up via de-authorizing and re-authorizing? (if so, that would make it more like C/R - which I don't like!!- than like a dongle system...)

Oh my dear, even SSDs can fail ;)

deft_bonz wrote:Oh my dear, even SSDs can fail ;)
Everything can fail, but at least SSDs don't fail from shaking. :wink:

T-CM11 wrote:
deft_bonz wrote:Oh my dear, even SSDs can fail ;)
Everything can fail, but at least SSDs don't fail from shaking. :wink:
Nope, that's way better with them.

about ilok , just the sountoys free plugs are well worth the price of the key !
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Does anyone know if v5 will have a bypass or on/off switch on each single effect ?

Microshift is "ok" and it might be nice as a luxury plug but I don't think I'm going to do it. Might try echoboy. I know I did 100 years ago, can't remember what I did/didn't like about it.

If I buy 1 plugin, and then decide I want the bundle later on but have 1 plugin in the bundle already, do I need to pay full price for the bundle still or price of bundle - price of that 1 plugin?

AB69 wrote:If I buy 1 plugin, and then decide I want the bundle later on but have 1 plugin in the bundle already, do I need to pay full price for the bundle still or price of bundle - price of that 1 plugin?
if you have one registered plugin and want to upgrade to the bundle then there is an option to upgrade. I don't know what the price is as it is only shown in each users account. it is cheaper than buying the bundle outright, small discount. but it may not be as cheap as buying the bundle outright at a 3rd party store like plugindiscounts.com

MachineClaw wrote:
AB69 wrote:If I buy 1 plugin, and then decide I want the bundle later on but have 1 plugin in the bundle already, do I need to pay full price for the bundle still or price of bundle - price of that 1 plugin?
if you have one registered plugin and want to upgrade to the bundle then there is an option to upgrade. I don't know what the price is as it is only shown in each users account. it is cheaper than buying the bundle outright, small discount. but it may not be as cheap as buying the bundle outright at a 3rd party store like plugindiscounts.com
So lets say I buy echoboy, and then decide I want the bundle next year. So next year I am paying bundle price minus echoboy price correct and I can see this on my soundtoys account correct?

Just want to make sure I can do this before deciding which plugin thanks.

Return to “Effects”