Women in the music industry...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tricky-Loops wrote:
vurt wrote:
james0tucson wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:And then, if women have to decide between raising children and a career in the music biz, of course most of them go for raising children because they don't want to be accused from their own children later in their life not having cared for them at all. A MOTHER HAS TO care for her children, a man can part and look for another wive, that's how our society unfortunately is.
Why not reject the whole frame of reference that says breeding is necessary in the first place? Reframe the debate from "who raises the children" to "why have children just because traditional society expects you to?"
tricky raises a valid point here that explains why theres no such thing as a single male parent or kids in care...
I said "most of them", not all. There are more female single parents than male single parents...
you also stated that a woman has to take care of the kids whereas a man can just walk away, i was just pointing out that either parent can take that option. of course id prefer it if neither parent walked away, but on the other hand im kinda glad my dad did as hes a dick.

metamorphosis wrote:
vurt wrote: tricky raises a valid point here that explains why theres no such thing as a single male parent or kids in care...
There is some really dumb misogynistic bullcrap in this thread.
I know several solo fathers.
Grow up folks.
do they not have sarcasm in new zealand?

james0tucson wrote: Why not reject the whole frame of reference that says breeding is necessary in the first place? Reframe the debate from "who raises the children" to "why have children just because traditional society expects you to?"
Less breeding is good idea for the planet.
And if the human race stops breeding altogether, so what? No more humans at a certain point - no one will miss them.

vurt wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:
vurt wrote:
james0tucson wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:And then, if women have to decide between raising children and a career in the music biz, of course most of them go for raising children because they don't want to be accused from their own children later in their life not having cared for them at all. A MOTHER HAS TO care for her children, a man can part and look for another wive, that's how our society unfortunately is.
Why not reject the whole frame of reference that says breeding is necessary in the first place? Reframe the debate from "who raises the children" to "why have children just because traditional society expects you to?"
tricky raises a valid point here that explains why theres no such thing as a single male parent or kids in care...
I said "most of them", not all. There are more female single parents than male single parents...
you also stated that a woman has to take care of the kids whereas a man can just walk away, i was just pointing out that either parent can take that option. of course id prefer it if neither parent walked away, but on the other hand im kinda glad my dad did as hes a dick.
For a man it's easier to part, go away and look for another girlfriend. I didn't say he should, neither parent should go away...

vurt wrote:
Hink wrote:
vurt wrote:
james0tucson wrote:
dont we have a mutual guitar playin friend from the town you live in that's a single father taking care of a boy and a girl?
i was being sarcastic, aside from dean I know a fair few single fathers. my mum is also a foster carer so ive known a hell of a lot of kids over the past 20 odd years who both parents have abandoned sadly.
I'm very impressed with Dean and the man he is, we're friends on FB (with that and a few others here it makes FB worth the price of admission) and he can be an inspiration (he and robo are also friends with my daugher which is cool). TBH though I am jealous of both of you, he can pick up the phone and meet up with you and you can pick up the phone and meet up with him
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

T-CM11 wrote:
james0tucson wrote: Why not reject the whole frame of reference that says breeding is necessary in the first place? Reframe the debate from "who raises the children" to "why have children just because traditional society expects you to?"
And if the human race stops breeding altogether, so what? No more humans at a certain point - no one will miss them.
could yah tell my son that? :hihi: (hopefully he's done, 4 is enough)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

T-CM11 wrote:
Not true, there'll be three kinds of lice that'll miss us dearly!

Hink wrote:
vurt wrote:
Hink wrote:
vurt wrote:
james0tucson wrote:
dont we have a mutual guitar playin friend from the town you live in that's a single father taking care of a boy and a girl?
i was being sarcastic, aside from dean I know a fair few single fathers. my mum is also a foster carer so ive known a hell of a lot of kids over the past 20 odd years who both parents have abandoned sadly.
I'm very impressed with Dean and the man he is, we're friends on FB (with that and a few others here it makes FB worth the price of admission) and he can be an inspiration (he and robo are also friends with my daugher which is cool). TBH though I am jealous of both of you, he can pick up the phone and meet up with you and you can pick up the phone and meet up with him
he is indeed a top bloke
sadly i dont live as close as i once did or im sure wed see each other quite a bit, still not beyond the realms of possibility and he knows hes welcome here anytime. although as he has the two kids to look after i obviously know time isnt something he has a great deal of
mikes a cool bloke too and is also welcome here any time although for obvious reasons that could be quite difficult :hihi:

vurt wrote: he is indeed a top bloke
sadly i dont live as close as i once did or im sure wed see each other quite a bit, still not beyond the realms of possibility and he knows hes welcome here anytime. although as he has the two kids to look after i obviously know time isnt something he has a great deal of
mikes a cool bloke too and is also welcome here any time although for obvious reasons that could be quite difficult :hihi:
and I'm not welcome :x :hihi:

of course you are, just dont forget the munchies :hihi:

vurt wrote:do they not have sarcasm in new zealand?
Only sheep

Numanoid wrote:
vurt wrote:do they not have sarcasm in new zealand?
Only sheep
...and Keas... :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBdvRCkCNfo

Always lurking, seldom posting...
Maybe it's already been mentioned, but Dave Pensado has several interviews with women working in the Recording Industry.
I do get the impression that the overall ratio M to F is lopsided. Most women I've met have no interest in such things! :phones:

T-CM11 wrote:
And there should not have been in the first place.

If evolution didn't come here and muck it up.

HPC here we come!!!! :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Anyhow...one I have been watching has produced and wrote her own pieces...Kell On Urth
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”