IK Multimedia: question about EQP-1A and Model 670.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are there any plans to upgrade these units the way UAD did with their versions of the same emulations?

I think the whole modeling business has improved over the last few years and, as evident with the UAD upgrades, it makes sense to revisit already released plugins and give them the necessary facelift.

BTW, I own UAD versions but I constantly max out my UAD cards and eventually, I’d love to get rid of this idiotic “dongle” that takes up two e-pci slots and destabilizes my computer. Saying that, I love how their versions of EQP-1A and Model 670 sounds with the latest MK2 upgrades.

Thank you
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

It will be hard as the Uad ones because Uad modelled the Ocean Ways unit not sure Ik have access to it!But yes if they rent a unit they can analyse how to capture more nuances!

lacandon wrote:It will be hard as the Uad ones because Uad modelled the Ocean Ways unit not sure Ik have access to it!But yes if they rent a unit they can analyse how to capture more nuances!

I get what you’re saying, however…One of the best Pultecs I’ve ever tried came from a local, bankrupt film studio where it was gathering dust for the last 20 years, and everybody thought it was broken because it was missing all knobs. All of that to say, is that I don’t think just because some unit was parked in a fancy studio it has to sound better than some other one that was abandoned in a dingy storage place. In fact, I had another one that was all in super good conditions, with brand new tubes, from a very reputable studio and it was great but not as great as the one I mentioned above. Moreover, I never had a bad sounding Pultec and, occasionally, used to rent different ones when I worked on a “high priority” gigs.
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

Tapehead wrote:
lacandon wrote:It will be hard as the Uad ones because Uad modelled the Ocean Ways unit not sure Ik have access to it!But yes if they rent a unit they can analyse how to capture more nuances!

I get what you’re saying, however…One of the best Pultecs I’ve ever tried came from a local, bankrupt film studio where it was gathering dust for the last 20 years, and everybody thought it was broken because it was missing all knobs. All of that to say, is that I don’t think just because some unit was parked in a fancy studio it has to sound better than some other one that was abandoned in a dingy storage place. In fact, I had another one that was all in super good conditions, with brand new tubes, from a very reputable studio and it was great but not as great as the one I mentioned above. Moreover, I never had a bad sounding Pultec and, occasionally, used to rent different ones when I worked on a “high priority” gigs.
No no i didn't meant sounds better but probably Ik have to rent some vintage Fairchild's !
Universal Audio have much more access to vintage gear,but obviously Ik can find some units they modelled the Sontec witch its not really cheap unit either.
But would be great to do some modifications on it like sidecahin filters parallel mix knobs etc !

Return to “Effects”