Granular synthesis in Halion 5 vs Omnisphere

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys

When using the granular synthesis in Omnisphere it seems to me that it processes all the samples (in a multi-samples patch) with the granular engine. How about Halion? Can you load multiple samples in its granular engine (like a multi-sampled instrument), or just one sample?

Thanks

KTlin wrote:Hi guys

When using the granular synthesis in Omnisphere it seems to me that it processes all the samples (in a multi-samples patch) with the granular engine. How about Halion? Can you load multiple samples in its granular engine (like a multi-sampled instrument), or just one sample?

Thanks
I don't know Omni, in HALion you can granulate multisampled instruments with round robin and velocity layers, you can edit all granular parameters for each keyzone separately or batch edit them so they all have identical settings. It works like using sfzs with multisampled instruments in Alchemy, with the big difference that HALions granulator is much more advanced and sounds stellar.

Here is a granulated french horns I recorded in a church, every minor third was sampled at 2 velocities with 2x round robin.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... xperiments

Thank you Simon.
I'm the same guy who asked you a couple of hours ago on youtube about future Halion tutorials. Small world around here, hehe :)

Cheers

LOL, the Internet, a village.

HALion 5

Granular in Alchemy and Halion are much better than Omnisphere. Omni's granular is a kinda cool effect sometimes, but it can't do the smooth granular that you can do with real granular synth. I really wish they would improve it because it just can't be compared to the likes of Alchemy, padshop, halon, any old reaktor granulars, or the mangle etc. I struggle to even call Omnisphere's granular engine "granular". It's more like pebbles than grains. The pebbular engine.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:The pebbular engine.
:lol: indeed

Echoes in the Attic wrote:The pebbular engine.
:party:

As we talk about them, i really appreciate your Youtube tutorials too, they're great. :)
KTlin wrote:Thank you Simon.
I'm the same guy who asked you a couple of hours ago on youtube about future Halion tutorials. Small world around here, hehe :)

Cheers

chk071 wrote:As we talk about them, i really appreciate your Youtube tutorials too, they're great. :)
KTlin wrote:Thank you Simon.

Cheers
Thank you, glad to read that :)

Didn't even know that Omnisphere has granular synthesis… :?

Neon Breath wrote:Didn't even know that Omnisphere has granular synthesis… :?
It doesn't, it has pebbular synthesis.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Amazing pebbular synthesis though, being pebbular and all, that is.

Let the Omni games continue before this thread gets locked as well :)

ghettosynth wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Amazing pebbular synthesis though, being pebbular and all, that is.
River pebbles no less. T'is teh awesomeness... :phones:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Instruments”