Tone2 UltraSpace

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bmanic wrote:I thought the video was great. Sure, the beginning is a bit cheesy like all Tone2 videos but the actual information and before/after examples are very clear and exceptionally well done.

Cheers!
bManic
This. Ugly GUI, but the video has several really nice sounding audio examples in it. Looking forward to the demo.

I don't think the new reverb algorithms in Electra2 are on par with Valhalla. Listening to the UltraSpace video, the reverb also sounds kind of gritty to me. I am a fan of Tone2 synths and effects in general, just not their reverbs.

Rather than doing a brand new product, I wish Tone2 updated WarmVerb which covers similar ground to UltraSpace but includes many more types of effects.

Frantz wrote: I wish Tone2 updated WarmVerb which covers similar ground to UltraSpace but includes many more types of effects.

Warmverb with 6 effect slots, fully configurable with fx drag and drop (like in Serum or Turnado, for example).
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Tone2 UltraSpace has been released!!! Trying demo now...

I'm really not an expert on reverbs, but I find the sound to be very metallic... So far I'm underwhelmed.

tried it too, I guess the effects are supposed to be subtle? Like some professional gear? Anyway wasn't impressed either, sad to say

actually I guess some of the input I was using was analog gear already processed and sampled (which I've recently bought, BF you know); so some of that pre-processing overrode the UltraSpace effect which is why I thought it was too subtle (rookie mistake). Anyway I tried on clean input and can see some merit but agree with JPRacer that the reverb is somewhat metallic and not really to my liking.

I guess for EDM this might be good. Not for me though.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

yep that sounds about right, each type of space had several preset permutations associated with it, one being a "trance" version.
The delay with stereo step sequencer in conjunction with the reverb (and the gate also) is nice but this plugin isn't my cup. of coffee.

synzh wrote:tried it too, I guess the effects are supposed to be subtle? Like some professional gear? Anyway wasn't impressed either, sad to say
Feeling the same not their best product,warm verb its a bit better.
I bought straight away Electra but this one not sure.

It sounds good, but other than the ducking stuff, I don't see much advantage over any other reverb. The gui makes it rough to even demo :party: .
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

I thought it sounded pretty good... but nothing revolutionary. Defintly more aplicable to Electronic stuff. Was nice on the dry synths.

I've got quite a few reverbs already.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Judging from the video and the mp3 demo (same audio) this is apparently an SFX plug targeted squarely at the industrial and EDM crowd. Yuck! :P

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

All this "research" and then THIS... let the music take you higher - dum tschak - dum tschak - moaaan - let the...
Who is ever going to buy this "reverb"???

The reverb is IMO a bit grainy, I don't like it. Interesting are the additional modules, this makes it more like a FX channel ;) But:
- I would like to see a simple bypass switch on every module or that a click on the label bypass/enables a module
- Every module should have a own preset load/save option
- No preset browser, there is only a simple dropdown menu
- I'm not sure about the multi tap delay.. my first idea was, that it's a bit similar like the Eventide Ultraverb but it's seems it's more usable for some kind of Chorus effect?
+ I like the visual feedback of the reverb

Hmm... I don't like it

Return to “Effects”