iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

aMUSEd wrote:lol the 'random' button loads a random patch - wtf is the point of that?
The point is its much faster to program than something useful when you have been given a deadline to get your software out :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Ah, the good customers... ;)
One official post and you are satisfied, until you notice that there will be at most one update that fixes bugs, as they are legally obliged to. Nothin else, nothing more. But then, iZotope have sold enough Iris2 to justify the expenses.

There won't be any improvements to the the spectral editing, I bet.

I'd hoped for not only masking (on/off) spectra, but in fact EDITING, like raise/lower gain "masks" (indicated by mask transparency level), that are X/Y-modulateable, for example.

Brad?

Who seems satisfied here?

I got the expression that the mood changed due to that one official post everybody is glad for. Which btw doesn't change a thing, but only the mood.

TabSel wrote:I got the expression that the mood changed due to that one official post everybody is glad for. Which btw doesn't change a thing, but only the mood.
Sure, it doesn't help yelling at someone who is trying to fix things, no?

We can hardly hope for a meaningful dialogue with Brad if we don't tone down the mockery and sarcasm a little.

TabSel wrote:I got the expression that the mood changed due to that one official post everybody is glad for. Which btw doesn't change a thing, but only the mood.
I think if a product manager bothers to post at KVR that they are sorry (which is humble) and that they are working hard to fix things then the least we can do is give them a chance to fix things....

Iris 1 works and isn't broken, no one has to buy iris 2...in fact not buying iris 2 is more likely to provoke changes than anything else, although I do think after all the complaints about ozone 6 being a downgrade, isotope need to have a good look at their business model; if Kvr and gearslutz turn on you it can put off a lot of potential customers....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I am getting constant crashes in Iris 2 when trying to load a patch I made in version 1 this early morning, so is there a files size limit introduced in v2 per sample maybe? The respective wav used in all 3 oscillators is a 50+ MB soundscape.

And also the patch I saved a few days ago, which played flawlessly in the video I posted here (Warped Flago Clouds) today has all it's changes lost and defaults to the broken version again, as I had just imported it. Woaaa, this is a bit frustrating....

EDIT:
Damn, that saving bug also occurs on other saved patches which I already converted, some edits are present, like modulation assignments, other are lost like envelope edits, something seems to be broken with that new envelope 5 which acts as master envelope for volume, it always defaults to sustain 0 and a short decay time in all the v1-patches re-saved in version 2 as if the initial parameters from a v1-patch conflict with some new parameters introduced in v2. So this is even more broken than we all think it is. ∂π√π⁄¨ª∂•ø⁄ºƒø⁄¨ªå⁄‚¨ª∂π⁄¨ª‚∂π√⁄¨ª‚•ø¨√º•‚æø⁄∂ºƒ•æ‚ø∂⁄ƒºª∑©∂Ωç⁄Ω©‚ø¨ªƒ⁄øºπ⁄øº‚∂øç

Sampleconstruct wrote:
And also the patch I saved a few days ago, which played flawlessly in the video I posted here (Warped Flago Clouds) today has all it's changes lost and defaults to the broken version again, as I had just imported it. Woaaa, this is a bit frustrating....
Yes, this is clearly a bug and not user error, as I can see the labeling of the Macros as I made them in version 2, all functionality is lost, only the labels remain. So it's like an old Mini Moog now, you have to dial in each patch manually before playing, write everything down on paper maybe, if you want to recall some patches :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Yes, this is clearly a bug and not user error, as I can see the labeling of the Macros as I made them in version 2, all functionality is lost, only the labels remain. So it's like an old Mini Moog now, you have to dial in each patch manually before playing, write everything down on paper maybe, if you want to recall some patches :)
So is the Update button the culprit here? How is one supposed to save a patch now? First hit update, then hit save, then walk around the house at full moon and then pray for changes to become permanent?

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
So is the Update button the culprit here? How is one supposed to save a patch now? First hit update, then hit save, then walk around the house at full moon and then pray for changes to become permanent?
No, even that doesn't work, the combo update+save also doesn't save, when loading the patch the next time round all changes are lost. So not only can v1-patches not be converted, but they also can't be re-saved.

EDIT: after loading a patch made in v2 from scratch, the Macros become labeled as they should, when then loading a patch made with v1 and resaved in v2, the Macro labeling does not change anymore and all modulation assignments get lost again - so as I said, there seems to be a conflict/collision between old and new parameter values embedded in the XML-presets-files.

Sincere question: did you have any Beta-testers on this project and if so, were they stoned? Did anybody even try to import a single preset made in v1? This is all so bizarre...

But this is also possible with the new Macros, if you set the delay e.g. to 50% wet and then assign inverted Macro 1 to mix level (so that when you dial in M1, delay mix gets decreased) and at the same time assign Macro 1 to Chorus mix level then that would yield the results you're looking for.
Thank you, that sorted it out. I should have seen that....

With saving, why not use the Save button instead of update and save to a new location? Does that not work? You have to set up a new folder manually first....

dnekm wrote:
With saving, why not use the Save button instead of update and save to a new location? Does that not work? You have to set up a new folder manually first....
Oh, I know all of that, please see above, it's a bug, not me.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
No, even that doesn't work, the combo update+save also doesn't save, when loading the patch the next time round all changes are lost. So not only can v1-patches not be converted, but they also can't be re-saved.

EDIT: after loading a patch made in v2 from scratch, the Macros become labeled as they should, when then loading a patch made with v1 and resaved in v2, the Macro labeling does not change anymore and all modulation assignments get lost again - so as I said, there seems to be a conflict/collision between old and new parameter values embedded in the XML-presets-files.

Sincere question: did you have any Beta-testers on this project and if so, were they stoned? Did anybody even try to import a single preset made in v1? This is all so bizarre...
That really is a showstopper :x :cry: :roll:

Just out of curiosity, can someone send me a V1 preset so I can look at it in a text editor?

Return to “Instruments”