Performers in the music industry

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And in this thread, I would like to hear from actual performers in the industry. Performers = people (and wombats too) that actually get up on stage and perform for compensation on a regular basis.

:P

I'm not a performer but I play one on stage.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

more often than not im required to pay rather than receive compensation.
philistines!

vurt wrote:more often than not im required to pay rather than receive compensation.
ur doing it wrong! :x
vurt wrote:philistines!
oh yeah we opened for them and they didn't pay us and drank all the cognac backstage. rat bastards. :roll:

deastman wrote:I'm not a performer but I play one on stage.
So you're either in Metallica, U2 or Three Dog Night? :o

I perform with 2 others.

Not THAT way either! :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I am utterly unqualified to post here.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I don't play southern rock, bluegrass or hip hop, so I'm pretty much without an audience around here...

I really thought Skillrex or Ganvelis would have replied to my thread by now. :cry:

debra1rlo wrote:I really thought Skillrex or Ganvelis would have replied to my thread by now. :cry:
I'm sorry, I was too busy making PHAT stacks and driving around in limos and spitting on the regular people.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Jace-BeOS wrote:I am utterly unqualified to post here.
like that ever stops anyone on KVR ;)

Deb, it's so much fun watching your success on FB and here...you're a hard working musician and I know you're loving every minute of it (just dont forget us when you are a superstar). I am just not cut out for that, doubtful I could find a group of musicians who could stand me long enough to make anything like that work. :hihi:

BTW someone who I believe is a bandmate of yours (his initials are E.W. but it's not KvR's ew) really paid me some wonderful compliments on FB...please let him know how much I really appreciated it :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

debra1rlo wrote:Performers = people (and wombats too) that actually get up on stage and perform for compensation on a regular basis.
Does that exclude busking? :oops:

Hink wrote:BTW someone who I believe is a bandmate of yours (his initials are E.W. but it's not KvR's ew) really paid me some wonderful compliments on FB...please let him know how much I really appreciated it :)
Yeah he told me he listened to your stuff, that's my bandmate Sky, I will let him know. :)

Perform? In front of humans? Many of them drunk?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”