Acustica Audio – Amber (Presale)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Synthetic Wav wrote:Really intresting about the sampling process ! sometimes i felt like nebula program sounded better than the hardware i m used at some setting to me (in some case it seems it can be ) . i m definlety intrested in sampling but i have no idea how it work, i will check it, or maybe i should wait next version of nebula? things will be more easier maybe?

on some gears transformer can sometims be too much colored ,like saturate too much with bass heavy source or even cut the sub deep low, i wonder if with the sampling process i could avoid this ? sometimes i don't want the transformer color. that would make the nebula program more suited than the actural gear for mastering for example ,but maybe there is some artifacts, i d'on t know it seems complicated.

The sampling process isn't all that difficult to do, unless you are going for compressors.. but it's being worked on heavily and will be much easier in the future and probably a lot more powerful. Basic preamp and one band EQ sampling is a breeze so I'd say go for it if you own Nebula Pro or Server bundle. NAT (the sampling program) is included as far as I know.

One of the major benefits of VVKT sampling is that you can get really clean samples at very low input levels into the hardware. This means that you can run your audio through the sampled hardware at much lower input levels than you would normally do, due to noise. This in turn means that you get much less harmonic distortion combined with no crosstalk or other problems.. which is probably why the results are sometimes more pleasing than the actual hardware. All of this and still you get the "sonic fingerprint" of the hardware.. which is kind of strange as I always thought it was about all the noise and oddities but there's other stuff going on as well, obviously. It's like each piece of hardware has slightly different ways of dealing with transients.. like the impulse response is the key, combined with the frequency response changes and harmonic distortion.

Whatever it is, one thing is certain, VVKT sampling is amazing and something unique. The only thing I've yet to find Nebula useful for is to really crush a signal into a distorted mess. For this kind of over the top effect you really need to use hardware or more dedicated software. It may be that this is possible to achieve in the future but it'd take tons of processing power as you need way more harmonics than the 10 that Nebula allows.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Amber - Released!!!
AU 64bit is available!

http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... Itemid=189
----------------------------------------------------
Best regards,
Acustica Audio team
www.acustica-audio.com
VAT ID: IT-01254510116
Via Tortini 9, 26900, Lodi, LO, Italy.
----------------------------------------------------

bmanic wrote:
Synthetic Wav wrote:Really intresting about the sampling process ! sometimes i felt like nebula program sounded better than the hardware i m used at some setting to me (in some case it seems it can be ) . i m definlety intrested in sampling but i have no idea how it work, i will check it, or maybe i should wait next version of nebula? things will be more easier maybe?

on some gears transformer can sometims be too much colored ,like saturate too much with bass heavy source or even cut the sub deep low, i wonder if with the sampling process i could avoid this ? sometimes i don't want the transformer color. that would make the nebula program more suited than the actural gear for mastering for example ,but maybe there is some artifacts, i d'on t know it seems complicated.

The sampling process isn't all that difficult to do, unless you are going for compressors.. but it's being worked on heavily and will be much easier in the future and probably a lot more powerful. Basic preamp and one band EQ sampling is a breeze so I'd say go for it if you own Nebula Pro or Server bundle. NAT (the sampling program) is included as far as I know.

One of the major benefits of VVKT sampling is that you can get really clean samples at very low input levels into the hardware. This means that you can run your audio through the sampled hardware at much lower input levels than you would normally do, due to noise. This in turn means that you get much less harmonic distortion combined with no crosstalk or other problems.. which is probably why the results are sometimes more pleasing than the actual hardware. All of this and still you get the "sonic fingerprint" of the hardware.. which is kind of strange as I always thought it was about all the noise and oddities but there's other stuff going on as well, obviously. It's like each piece of hardware has slightly different ways of dealing with transients.. like the impulse response is the key, combined with the frequency response changes and harmonic distortion.

Whatever it is, one thing is certain, VVKT sampling is amazing and something unique. The only thing I've yet to find Nebula useful for is to really crush a signal into a distorted mess. For this kind of over the top effect you really need to use hardware or more dedicated software. It may be that this is possible to achieve in the future but it'd take tons of processing power as you need way more harmonics than the 10 that Nebula allows.

Thanks bmanic, i installed nat and will give it a try soon, there is a nice "tutorial" on sos !
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Just saw that there is a new compressor plugin: Titanium?

Can't find it in the Acoustica site or store but there's a pic of it on the Black Friday promo ad:

http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... &Itemid=92

Is it an emulation of a Tubetech SMC 2B Multiband? If not what is it? I am intrigued!

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

It is indeed.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Thanks Bmanic

My friend has access to one of these at work and he rates it very highly.

Is it's inclusion in this black Friday ad a mistake / oversight or a tease for those of us that stumble across it? Any eta yet?

I am becoming more interested in this Aqua range lately (more than Nebula) so might have to dip my toe in :)

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

I have try Titanium and Amber and guys it's amazing. Punchy, warm sound with distortion like in hardware world if you know to use it, at different volume level different picture is loaded for 3dimensional sound. On lot's of digital plugins sound is lifeless like it's doing all same stuff on same frequency shift. New Aquamarine comp. sounds really great.

Return to “Effects”