iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Anyone knows if there's a way to keep both versions of Iris If I upgrade to version 2?

Thanks....Alex.

alexfalcao wrote:Anyone knows if there's a way to keep both versions of Iris If I upgrade to version 2?

Thanks....Alex.
You will keep both versions, even if you upgrade you get the V2 and it wont affect V1.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Is it possible to install the sample content to an external HD?

aMUSEd wrote:Is it possible to install the sample content to an external HD?
Sure. In the preferences/library manager you can point Iris to any location, patches and samples have to be in the same location though and old projects break once you move the content.

Thanks - I think now it's got 11GB+ it's time to move it off the main HD

btw I think there's a bug with midi assignment - if I try and type in a cc number and press enter it doesn't get assigned - the entry box goes back to nothing

OK I've installed the additional patches - bummed to find it still has no atmospheres or textures. What I have tried so far is extremely boring and unadventurous - in particular some of the basses and leads are just a waste of Iris's capabilities - the first bass patch for example contains several samples but is not really making any use of them and is just monotonous and could have been done easily in a bog standard VA.

aMUSEd wrote:OK I've installed the additional patches - bummed to find it still has no atmospheres or textures. What I have tried so far is extremely boring and unadventurous - in particular some of the basses and leads are just a waste of Iris's capabilities - the first bass patch for example contains several samples but is not really making any use of them and is just monotonous and could have been done easily in a bog standard VA.
I think that was its point for the new libraries. To be something more standard and useful in a common mix and for live. Something I noticed at the show was the introduction of new and younger personnel - with the majority of the audience in the same age group.

The demo two of their presenters gave of RX Advanced was to only two of us. The biggest crowd surrounding their release of BreakTweaker (which all seemed to be aged under 25).

Here is some fresh Iris to cheer you up, Stephen:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -iris-demo

+1 for timestretching and in fact any additions to the spectral side

Also +1 for the v1 facilities that don't have an equivalent in v2 (doh)

Another sweetener for us v1 owners would be to allow us to download all the v1 sound libraries/presets as part of the upgrade so we could at least use them in v1 - that is unless of course they get them all properly converted to v2

I have a question.... In Iris 2 if you assign LFO's to a filters cutoff and res, I can clearly hear the movement. But then if I also assign a macro control to adjust the maximum cutoff and res settings, the movement stops. Is this supposed to work this way?

Never mind, I just figure it out, I think. If the LFO is on Mod 1 then add the Macro to Mod 3, not Mod 2....

dnekm wrote:I have a question.... In Iris 2 if you assign LFO's to a filters cutoff and res, I can clearly hear the movement. But then if I also assign a macro control to adjust the maximum cutoff and res settings, the movement stops. Is this supposed to work this way?
It's been mentioned in this epic thread, use the mod combiner set to Min in this case.

dnekm wrote:Never mind, I just figure it out, I think. If the LFO is on Mod 1 then add the Macro to Mod 3, not Mod 2....
Hadn't thought of that, that skips the first mod combiner which is clever.

Set to Min is another way to do it. Thank you....

Paulnz wrote:+1 for timestretching and in fact any additions to the spectral side

Also +1 for the v1 facilities that don't have an equivalent in v2 (doh)

Another sweetener for us v1 owners would be to allow us to download all the v1 sound libraries/presets as part of the upgrade so we could at least use them in v1 - that is unless of course they get them all properly converted to v2
Agreed - at least then we might have some useful patches even if we just use them in V1.

Return to “Instruments”