Cubase 8 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

well then, sorry for hijacking..

chk071 wrote:I'm interested in information about the new Cubase version. And opinions of other users who actually use Cubase.
Wait... that would mean that you'd be interested in "my" opinion as well.
Caught me kind of speechless right there.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Why not? :P It just seems silly to post "Bye bye Cubase, hello Bitwig", and proposing people to use another DAW, when there's not one word of official information about what will be in the next version. There's nothing to say against user opinions and assumptions on the topic.

Looks like Steinberg hasn't changed windowing system.. :?
My guess is that this update is mostly about including new flashy plugins.........

It will be interesting to see Studio One 3. I was beta testing earlier versions of Studio One but they lacked in some areas (hardware midi sync etc). If I ever go 100% in-the-box there's no reason not to choose Studio One, its workflow is VERY fast.

I think this will be the first time since SX3 that I don't jump ship and order the first date of release...
Hope I'm wrong.

chk071 wrote:Why not? :P It just seems silly to post "Bye bye Cubase, hello Bitwig", and proposing people to use another DAW, when there's not one word of official information about what will be in the next version. There's nothing to say against user opinions and assumptions on the topic.
Well, for starters, I think the first official info's will come Wednesday next week. Until then, it's back to the old guessing game. And after that, back to waiting for an official demo version (or the usual mag bundled versions - which I might get this time around as they come usually bundled with the "new features" to test without limitations)

But else... well... if there is nothing to say against user opinions and assumptions, I am now wondering why sh*t flipped in my C7.x thread. Kind of double standards, no?

Either way... time to sit back and wait how Steinberg will respond to all this. But as I said, won't happen before 3rd December - which is the currently rumored release date according to the link to a random shop posted from a couple of pages back.

:shrug:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

cnt wrote:Looks like Steinberg hasn't changed windowing system.. :?
My guess is that this update is mostly about including new flashy plugins.........

It will be interesting to see Studio One 3. I was beta testing earlier versions of Studio One but they lacked in some areas (hardware midi sync etc). If I ever go 100% in-the-box there's no reason not to choose Studio One, its workflow is VERY fast.

I think this will be the first time since SX3 that I don't jump ship and order the first date of release...
Hope I'm wrong.
S1 is good yea? :D

hope they won't cancel support for OS X lion, if they do: anyone interested in an update from 7 to 7.5 (but be aware though that you have to actually own Version 7 :hihi: )
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

Steinberg website indicates 7.5 OS: OSX.8 and OSX.9 for Mac. I remember the demo for 7. required at least Lion to even install.

chk071 wrote:Really don't understand this kind of agitation. If you decided Cubase or any other Steinberg product is not for you, fair enough. Invading threads like these with your irrelevant opinion is not cool. I don't walk into Reaper threads either, and bore people with my opinion. Seems like the more you pay for a product, the more it will attract people to bash on it, and try to take influence on people's decision. Really, if you don't like it, stay away from it. And stay away from threads like these. It doesn't matter to me if you decided yourself for another host. I'm interested in information about the new Cubase version. And opinions of other users who actually use Cubase.
Always good if we honor OP and stay on topic, of course.
And this topic is quite neutral - just that C8 arrives soon.
So any reaction is valid, really.

Fanboi threads are really boring, if anything.

On public forums there will always be the spraycan people, that usually spray tags all over walls in town. Those are best to be ignored. Just block them.

chk071 wrote:Really don't understand this kind of agitation. If you decided Cubase or any other Steinberg product is not for you, fair enough. Invading threads like these with your irrelevant opinion is not cool. <...> Really, if you don't like it, stay away from it. And stay away from threads like these. It doesn't matter to me if you decided yourself for another host. I'm interested in information about the new Cubase version. And opinions of other users who actually use Cubase.
I think you got it wrong buddy!
Compyfox and other users were bitching about this and that based on their experience with Cubase and thoughts about where it might go from here. Not-so-pleasant stuff like dropping OS, 32 bit and VST2 support, still having bugs, limitations or ancient FRs not addressed, costing a fortune to update every year (the price of an update buys you another 200-priced DAW, that's a new DAW every year, for those who always update)...
So some passers-by were obviously shocked and couldn't help but express their relief that they're not in this boat, they're on other boats who are actually cheaper to get a seat in, and drive better and safer. These are valid opinions, no?
The same happens with every product - people like or don't like, and they say what they think. Live with it!

Oh, and there's no "information about the new Cubase version".

hopefully after v8 it won't skip to v10 :lol:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:hopefully after v8 it won't skip to v10 :lol:
Did Charlie quit and buy a basketball team? :o
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

Wait, now I'm totally confused.
toothnclaw wrote:I think you got it wrong buddy!
Compyfox and other users were bitching about this and that based on their experience with Cubase and thoughts about where it might go from here. Not-so-pleasant stuff like dropping OS, 32 bit and VST2 support, still having bugs, limitations or ancient FRs not addressed, costing a fortune to update every year (the price of an update buys you another 200-priced DAW, that's a new DAW every year, for those who always update)...
So some passers-by were obviously shocked and couldn't help but express their relief that they're not in this boat, they're on other boats who are actually cheaper to get a seat in, and drive better and safer. These are valid opinions, no?
The same happens with every product - people like or don't like, and they say what they think. Live with it!
Just to get this straight...

The thread started with a link to GearSlutz, were obviously one of the Cubase beta testers breached his NDA (on purpose or not, we'll never know) and quasi confirmed the imminent release of C8. This thread then turned into an objective discussion what could happen, what definitely will happen (see: window management) and how we longtime users respond to this.

Some of us longtime users then speculated what may happen at some point, since it's the inevitable future and to be honest a logical step towards that direction. i.e. dropping of 32bit (ProTools and Logic already went that route!), a possibility that the support for Windows VISTA will be dropped (the company can only give support for so long!). Then the rumor that is roaming around for quite a while now (started by Steinberg representatives btw!, especially with the drop of the VST SDK v2.x, that VST2 could be dropped at some point as well. Though in this case, it's highly unlikely since VST SDK v3 is still backwards compatible.

Along came a couple of users that commented "I know why I stick to host A", which is all good and fine. chk071 merely tried to say "folks... this is a Steinberg speculatin thread, please keep it at that".

Now you come along and declare that we long time users, that had an eye on the development in the last 1-2 decades, who are merely speculating at this point what "could" happen (again: see "logical evolution"), are once more the people that b*tch, wine and moan about Cubase's development, price politics (you have to admit - they are crazy) and it's still existing issues/bugs. While on the other hand, those people that come in here and don't even HAVE Cubase (never had, or not anymore) say "boo, I know why I switched/I know why I'm on host A", and that is the only valid opinion?

Looks to me like yet another "double standard" on KVR.

toothnclaw wrote:Oh, and there's no "information about the new Cubase version".
Exactly - as mentioned several times at this point: we are speculating what could happen (something is even spot on, IMO!). In no way or form did we say that we know(!) what will happen.

If C8 will really hit on 3rd December (Wednesday next week), and some of our guesses/fears/suggestions turned out to be true, and the first of us got access to the new version and can therefore comment on what's really going on...

Then we can go nuts and point fingers at each other.

lfm wrote: Fanboi threads are really boring, if anything.
So are threads full of hating. Just saying. Steinberg threads here tend to be that way. Anyway, enough of that. I'll just suck the kind of information i came for out of them, and ignore the pieces that are not interesting to me.

egbert wrote:
mysticvibes wrote:hopefully after v8 it won't skip to v10 :lol:
Did Charlie quit and buy a basketball team? :o
think windows os :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”