FL Studio 12 BETA available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

tony tony chopper wrote:FL doesn't let MIDI controllers talk directly to plugins, just like an OS doesn't let a word editor talk directly to your printer.
I think keyboard would be a better example than printer - and then how absurd this statement is becomes clear - what you're doing is the equivalent of letting information about letters get through but not the punctuation. Playing an instrument includes not just notes but also expression, it seems FL Studio was made with a mouse based paradigm in mind, not for people that play instruments.

aMUSEd wrote:
tony tony chopper wrote:Playing an instrument includes not just notes but also expression
yeah but look around you, how many ways to control music today?

-mouse
-joystick
-touchscreen
-leap motion
-kinect
-typing keyboard
-sound, etc etc

We can map this better than using a 25-years old protocol, especially when plugins publish properly named parameters.
Controller -> plugin is very limiting.
Controller -> FL -> plugin allows everything.

Again, if you're after a "MIDI" sequencer that you typically control using a MIDI keyboard & just that, there are a ton out there.
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

If I was using any of those I would expect to have to set them up though. But if I am using my midi keyboard I would not expect to have to setup basic things like the MW or sustain pedal - I would expect any host to record them just as it records my notes.

tony tony chopper wrote:
sjm wrote: By default, all CCs should simply be passed to a plugin.
That's not FL's philosophy.
And that's your problem right there.

Do you know of a composer who has done acoustic or ochestral music ONLY using FL PLUGINS like FL KEYS,SYTRUS,FPC,HARMLESS & BOO BASS,DIRECT WAV AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM USING CC??these plug-ins are subpar not just the computirised sound but also missing CC WHEEL.

ELECTRONIC FREAK wrote:Do you know of a composer who has done acoustic or ochestral music ONLY using FL PLUGINS like FL KEYS,SYTRUS,FPC,HARMLESS & BOO BASS
a composer who has made orchestral music using subtractive synths? meh..
ELECTRONIC FREAK wrote:DIRECT WAV
yeah probably, that one is a sampler

Glyn R. Brown used.. basic sampler channels, and didn't complain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7q_PSqaHTw
Last edited by tony tony chopper on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grr I keep quoting instead of editing.
Anyway while I'm here:
http://www.glynrbrown.com/

I see Gol's point but he'll have a hard time to convince the MIDI-keyboard manufacturing industry of their abandoned standards.

Anyway, the OMNI-trick works for me. ;)

goldengate wrote:Image
Hello Edward ... I am glad Mario is getting the hang of the new Mixer. It's a beaut.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

BOO BASS

POI ZONE

SIM SYNTH

Are we seeing a trend yet? :D

all I care about is how multiple time signatures work in fl. why no talk about updating this yet? I've been waiting like 7 years.

:bang:

camsr wrote:BOO BASS

POI ZONE

SIM SYNTH

Are we seeing a trend yet? :D
Two words for a name?

ELECTRONIC FREAK wrote:Do you know of a composer who has done acoustic or ochestral music ONLY using FL PLUGINS like FL KEYS,SYTRUS,FPC,HARMLESS & BOO BASS,DIRECT WAV AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM USING CC??these plug-ins are subpar not just the computirised sound but also missing CC WHEEL.
Zebra CM OSC somebody here made a wonderful orchestra.

ELECTRONIC FREAK wrote:Do you know of a composer who has done acoustic or ochestral music ONLY using FL PLUGINS
The same could be said of any DAW software. Why the red-herring criteria?

BTW re working with multitrack audio, Andrew Maze does a pretty good job here...

WARNING THIS MUSIC MAY BE TOO POSITIVE AND HAPPY FOR KVRist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRXRxjhooOE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp2FoD6koE8
Last edited by Image-Line on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”