Steinberg: WORST Product Purchase Experience ever!(Bad case of user error!)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yeah, I dunno what to make of this thread. I have a soft spot for people that make mistakes, but in this case, the thread change and some of the other stuff I'm really left scratching my head.

I learned nothing about Omnisphere from this thread :-/
... space is the place ...

I learnt that I am a Steinberg fanboi. That is, despite the only two Steinberg products I have ever owned, Xphraze and D'cota having been abandoned on the Mac.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:I learned nothing about Omnisphere from this thread :-/
HEY! :x I didn't post any cat pics!!!!!!!!! :evil:

I learned not to buy software in Japan because you get screwed when you do.

Although I have to say, it seems screwing happens more often, in Japan :shrug:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Steinberg is having an awesome black Friday sale. Buy Cubase 7.5 Upgrade without owning any previous version, and receive the full version at no extra cost! :nutter:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:Steinberg is having an awesome black Friday sale. Buy Cubase 7.5 Upgrade without owning any previous version, and receive the full version at no extra cost! :nutter:

.-.
Priceless!

:hihi:
... space is the place ...

Orbit-50 wrote:Steinberg is having an awesome black Friday sale. Buy Cubase 7.5 Upgrade without owning any previous version, and receive the full version at no extra cost! :nutter:
Yeah but only in La La Land... :P

.-.
Thanks! I've just spilt wine on my keyboard. I don't know whether to blame you or the OP :lol: :lol:

lnikj wrote:

.-.
Thanks! I've just spilt wine on my keyboard. I don't know whether to blame you or the OP :lol: :lol:
"Und schuld war doch nur der Wein!" (Wildecker Herzbuben, "Herzilein")

("Only the wine is to blame for!") :P

I have it! It's a culture problem! They do think different!

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I wonder what the OP thinks what an "Upgrade" is. Would be reeeeally interesting to hear his answer.

dsan@mail.com wrote:I learned not to buy software in Japan because you get screwed when you do.

Although I have to say, it seems screwing happens more often, in Japan :shrug:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Not with Bitwig though. Bought the Japanese Bitwig Retail Box, everything fine ^_^
Everything's spinning.

Because not 2 head quarter are involved with BW unlike Cubase.

This thread reminds me of my second Steinberg buying experience. I bought some essentials version of Cubase for ~100 eur and never got it to run. The eLicenser installed correctly, I entered a code, it once worked, then 2 days later stopped working, it asked for the code forever, and I never got it working again. I contacted Steinberg, after ~2 days they gave me a new key which didn't work again (can't really remember how exactly), and in the end I had spent the 100 eur for just some sort of bad buying and support experience and chose not to ask the support anymore. (I'm finally a happy renoise user now.)

Aside from the mistake the OP has made, I do find Steinberg to be a little bit of a machinery that probably not really cares if the low end products work, more caring to support the pro users and to make money.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”