Tritik tkDelay public beta release. UNLIMITED Demo - (winXP support added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
tkDelay

tritik wrote:
meloco_go wrote:Is it possible to extend delay range to shorter values?
hum.. I'm not sure about that.
For more flanger/chorus stuff options, I think I would rather do an other more specialized plug with different and more appropriate controls.
(also note that changing the range now would break some existing user's projects)
scook wrote:A specialized plug-in is an idea. Of course, if a multiplier control were added to the current delay plug-in it would not necessarily have an affect existing presets and projects.
sure, but that would be an additional control on the interface (which I want to keep clean and straightforward) that would perhaps not be so pertinent. But it's not just about compatibility.
I mean : of course it's feasible, and it would allow a few more chorus/flanger possibilities, but I'm not sure it's the best option :
Some current things are great for what they do now, but would not be the best for chorus/flanger (the current reverse for instance).
tkDelay is a delay which already has a huge potential, is highly versatile and does what it does just fine (totally objective sentence right? ;)
Giving the option to shorten the delay times would sure add a few flanger/chorus options, and I could then pretend "this delay does all the effects you want in a perfect way" and expect more sells. But that's not my philosophy. Because the simple truth is that tkDelay has not been thought and built up from the start to be the best flanger out there :
If I was to make a great chorus/flanger, I would build up other signal processing blocks and controls, and make something different, and more specialized.
I hope it make sense to you (and that this post is not a marketing suicide :)

Makes alot sense imho. :)
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

XP support :hyper:

Thanks.

tritik wrote: I hope it make sense to you (and that this post is not a marketing suicide :)
Yeah, it all makes sense. One thing I just noticed is the free delay setting cannot be entered directly. It would be handy if the free delay displays could be changed to editable entry fields.

really tempted to get this and sandman.
this one sounds really good,even with basic features.

tritik wrote:sure, but that would be an additional control on the interface (which I want to keep clean and straightforward) that would perhaps not be so pertinent. But it's not just about compatibility.
I mean : of course it's feasible, and it would allow a few more chorus/flanger possibilities, but I'm not sure it's the best option :
Some current things are great for what they do now, but would not be the best for chorus/flanger (the current reverse for instance).
tkDelay is a delay which already has a huge potential, is highly versatile and does what it does just fine (totally objective sentence right? ;)
Giving the option to shorten the delay times would sure add a few flanger/chorus options, and I could then pretend "this delay does all the effects you want in a perfect way" and expect more sells. But that's not my philosophy. Because the simple truth is that tkDelay has not been thought and built up from the start to be the best flanger out there :
If I was to make a great chorus/flanger, I would build up other signal processing blocks and controls, and make something different, and more specialized.
This makes sense, although I really love when things can be pushed a bit too far, it might not be the best flanger/chorus but I don't need it to be.

tritik wrote: tkDelay is a delay which already has a huge potential, is highly versatile and does what it does just fine ...
My instant purchase was because of what it is and what it does: a delay, offering ... well ... delays.
A nice and clean coded modern plugin with low CPU impact for the aux busses, plain and simple,
with potential to add experimental settings as well.
It will become my standard for auxes when hp and lp are implemented, really happy to have it handy there.

If this becomes your marketing statement to provide clean and well coded basics with some additionals
at an effordable price, I am pretty sure you have found your niche.

At times like this where crazy, loud and wild things are considered to be mainstream standards
(very very very annoying to me on synth presets! takes hours to built my own -18dbfs non-fx banks)
I always wondered why devs do not have modern,simple offers for simple tasks,
they are still valid standards on mastering and mixes on any kind of genres.

I appreciate the direction tkDelay goes ...
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

^^^
Agreed. It's a high quality simple delay with lovely modulation, a good reverse, and at a superb price. I recently sold off most of my analog guitar pedals. One in particular, an old Pearl AD-08 delay, caused a lot of indecision over selling it. This delay has replaced it and with no regrets at all. Extra bells and whistles aren't needed.

Hi Charles, one request i mentioned before which has gone unanswered was for some kind of additional delay time offset, most delays (certainly all that i use) have something like this, its especially useful in beats/sync mode to move the delay times back or forward a little. Along with more filter types, its the main thing i find really lacking here. Any thoughts on adding this?

mutantdog wrote:Hi Charles, one request i mentioned before which has gone unanswered was for some kind of additional delay time offset, most delays (certainly all that i use) have something like this, its especially useful in beats/sync mode to move the delay times back or forward a little. Along with more filter types, its the main thing i find really lacking here. Any thoughts on adding this?
+1

If you can't move a synced delay off the beat it pretty much disappears and is useless - depending on the music of course. But it is certainly a very useful feature.

Hi!

depending the situation you can already create a small offset between the delay lines quite easily :

- if the delay modulation rate is zero, then the 'depth' value is added to the delay time, and can then be used as a fine tune of 0.ms to 10.0ms (there's small bug and the value is not always the right one but that will be fixed in the next release)
- if you set up your time in 'sync' mode you can then click 'free' to get the corresponding (same) delay time in seconds, and it is then pretty easy to offset the time a bit by dragging the displayed value

does it help in your case?

Thanks.

I wasn't aware that switching to free from sync would keep the same time, that pretty much does what i want and is kinda handy in itself. A separate time offset dial may be useful for automation purposes though.

That 'depth' knob trick is v good!

thecontrolcentre wrote:XP support :hyper:
+1 XP for life! Gonna check this out right away.

Anyone running tkDelay under 10.6 or 10.7 here? just send me a small pm if so. Thanks!

Return to “Effects”