Xils next synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is a kind of confirmation here (http://www.vintagesynth.com/arp/2500.php). This page explains clearly what mess it was for the technicians and for the musicians.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:
Sorry, it's not exactly what I wanted to say.
Yes, you're right.
But I'm pretty sure that a 2500 is probably a much greater commercial risk than a 2600. Don't forget that it has always been a Rube Goldberg machine to maintain for the technicians and to program for the musician. And it is sure that in a software version it would be the same. The risk is much less with the 2600.
No problem, I wasn't sure what you meant and thought maybe I was missing out on some kind of hidden abilities in the arp2600. :lol:

I imagine something like the Arp2500 would take many many years to develop. They would probably require a functional Arp2500 to work with and those are about as common as teeth in chickens these days. I have heard that the Arp2500 is kind of a beast to maintain, so i think if XILS made a software version that is consistently stable it would be a winner!

Sure it might not replace the real deal, but it would be a fun synthesizer design to have as software on our laptops :)

I know I would buy a XILS made Arp2500! I've been listening to the XILS4 demo and they sure have did a good job with their virtual analog synthesis technology. I am considering buying a copy of XILS4 because i've always been a fan of the VCS 3.
:borg:

My bet: XILS4 YADE.

I let you imagine also the price of a unit to make the developments, and to keep perfect during years...
:D
There has been around 100 units sold. Not more. And it is actually sold a fortune, Vintage Synth Explorer evokes a price between $45000 and $100,000 the unit (when one is found to sell...)
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

V0RT3X wrote:I know I would buy a XILS made Arp2500!
Sure!!!
And so would I do!

Zombie Queen wrote:My bet: XILS4 YADE.
That or ...

wait for it

XILS 5 :hihi:
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
Zombie Queen wrote:My bet: XILS4 YADE.
That or ...

wait for it

XILS 5 :hihi:
Wasn't it the nickname of the instrument panel of the space shuttle?
:D

BlackWinny wrote: Sorry, it's not exactly what I wanted to say.
Yes, you're right.
But I'm pretty sure that a 2500 is probably a much greater commercial risk than a 2600. Don't forget that it has always been a Rube Goldberg machine to maintain for the technicians and to program for the musician. And it is sure that in a software version it would be the same. The risk is much less with the 2600. But why not?

I also remember that Jarre abandoned very quickly the 2500 (precisely for this reason) when he got his 2600 for his 1972 album, and he still uses this 2600... 40 years later.
You could rent a unit for the development period.

I find the matrix and patch cord approach a bit fidley on a touch screen as the finger blocks where youre trying to make the insert. Though not terrible its not ergonomically ideal but the 2500 implementation would get round this problem.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Yes, you're right.
But I'm pretty sure that a 2500 is probably a much greater commercial risk than a 2600. Don't forget that it has always been a Rube Goldberg machine to maintain for the technicians and to program for the musician. And it is sure that in a software version it would be the same. The risk is much less with the 2600. But why not?

I also remember that Jarre abandoned very quickly the 2500 (precisely for this reason) when he got his 2600 for his 1972 album, and he still uses this 2600... 40 years later.

I find the matrix and patch cord approach a bit fidley on a touch screen as the finger blocks where youre trying to make the insert. Though not terrible its not ergonomically ideal but the 2500 implementation would get round this problem.
I imagine the Xils-2500 GUI on my smartphone:

Novachord ?

Kriminal wrote:It will be something obscure again that hardly anyone owns, so nobody will be able to make a comparison :lol:
I fear that too. :D

BlackWinny wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Yes, you're right.

I imagine the Xils-2500 GUI on my smartphone:
Exactly why Im not interested in iPads etc,
a proper touch screen monitor is the way to go
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Albert.VST wrote:Though I'm not Lotuzia :wink: from what I read in the Xils newletter today I just needed to start another Xils thread:
The experience XILS-lab has gained over years to master simulations and emulations of original analog circuitry will soon bring back to life another legendary Analog Monster. :?:
So after Syn'X (Synthex), PolyKB II (RSF Kobol) and Xils 3/4 (VCS3) what do you think is this legendary Analog Monster. :idea:

Will it be their version of an Oberheim OBx, Memorymoog, or more recent analog Andromeda? A Synton Syrinx maybe but is that really considered a Monster? Korg 3100?

Nice competition for the soon to be released new U-he synth....... :P
You're welcomed Albert. Especially as I dont represent anymore Xils-Lab officially on forums. Not enough free time left for that unfortunately :(
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

chk071 wrote:
Kriminal wrote:It will be something obscure again that hardly anyone owns, so nobody will be able to make a comparison :lol:
I fear that too. :D
Well, there are waveforms, sound comparisons in a lot of places on Xils site.

For the Synthix, we had a Synthex, and the programmer of the original Synthex sounds, my friend Paul Wiffen, who also introduced it to Stevie Wonder or JMJ, along with a laser harp, and the Synthix, in the same studio. And during some blind tests, nobody could distinguish between the original and the emulation for many presets. My own VP 330 was used for the V+ machine, but there were also sound examples from the Mark I unit, and again you can find comparisons on xils site between the real thing and the emulation, as you can find the EMS waveforms VS the Xils n waveforms etc etc.

Otoh, I've seen some developpers claiming that they were emulating some machines, and dismissing all kinds of comparisons made by users with the real units, especially when they did not go *in the good direction* ( you know, ours was a model 1542BX2wz Mk III, and yours is maybe completely out of order .... ) And I've seen sites with emulations and NOT a single comparison between the emulations and the originals.

Otoh, I made for the fun a little, but time consuming, comparison between the real JP8 and Oxium, and though all JP8 factory presets could not be reproduced accurately, some were very close. So close actually that until I'm proved the opposite by faithfull true comparisons between a real JP8 and another synthesizer, I will keep on believing that Oxium might indeed be the closest soft synth to desire for a lot of JP8 sounds alike. Only the guy who made the Opx made some comparisons also with the JP8. I'll let people decide wich the like the best.

Well, just saying. :shrug:

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

lnikj wrote:Novachord ?
That would be nice. :tu:

Quite difficult to find an original unit in working order though.

Return to “Instruments”