iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

While the new Tokyo LP filter sounds reasonably interesting at high resonance settings, I am really disappointed they didn't give us a Rio De Janeiro filter, or at least a Windhoek-filter, c'mon guys.

Terrible Simon. Really dreadful. Not a patch on your version 1 stuff :D

lnikj wrote:Terrible Simon. Really dreadful. Not a patch on your version 1 stuff :D
I know, it's total crap.

Ben H wrote:You can't really blame them for not wanting to jump in to such a hostile thread though. :shrug:
Well, if they did, and made some statement, the attitude would actually change. (The GS thread on AirEQ, for example, was just all bitchin' and hostility, before Fabrice got guts to come in and say, hey, guys, all right, I'm willing to hear what you want -- and what do'ya know, the attitude changed literally overnight.)

So true! We all want Iris to be an even more amazing synth. There are many high quality suggestions over 2 years of forums. Did iZotope ignore those great ideas because they want to make a generic mass-market synth, or because they do not see the unique potential of Iris? It would be a great conversation....
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

But this thread is not purely hostile, it's full of analysis and suggestions, sure it's full of rants and mockery too, but what would one expect. As stated before, new Iris users who have just entered the Iris cosmos won't understand what many here are one about, but it's always the perspective which matters.

Precisely. For example those of us who bought the entire Iris 1 library and then downloaded the Iris 2 library only to discover it included the Iris 1 library we already bought, will thoughtfully analyse our situation and rationally suggest a partial refund (of course, only after we have mocked iZotope for doing this!)
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

... but then I would refuse the refund and ask instead that they spend it on improving the spectral tools.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:Precisely. For example those of us who bought the entire Iris 1 library and then downloaded the Iris 2 library only to discover it included the Iris 1 library we already bought, will thoughtfully analyse our situation and rationally suggest a partial refund (of course, only after we have mocked iZotope for doing this!)
Even worse it includes the samples but not the library - the library doesn't work in it. You would think that would have been an incentive not to break compatibility. Instead people who bought the original addons are now left with a product that is unsustainable and no longer supported.

I never bought any addons nor did I ever test the Iris 1 library, nor do I give a dead trout about the v2-library, but if their new target group are the Dubstep-kids who need those vrrrrrooomm-kkkkkrrrrshhhhh-frtfrtfrtfrt-sounds, then maybe it was a wise decision not to include spectralized cauliflower impacts and esoterical carrot rubs in the v2-library. Then those kids would want their money back and they would have yet another image-bending-online-debate
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Just googled "iznohope" for fun, and voila, Google understands :)

Michael L wrote:... but then I would refuse the refund and ask instead that they spend it on improving the spectral tools.
....and they would reply that after an extensive market research they decided, that their user-base don't want improved spectral tools.

...and thankfully accept your refund refusal...

TabSel wrote:...and thankfully accept your refund refusal...

...and donate it to the iznohope customer research trust...

...who will use information from the Usage Analysis Package in Iris 2 to propose BreakTweaker features in Iris 3...
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Instruments”