Steinberg: WORST Product Purchase Experience ever!(Bad case of user error!)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not even a Steinberg user and I still think Steinberg is clearly not to blame. Sure, they could add a warning to the purchase page saying "you need product X version Y to activate this upgrade" to avoid the... less careful users from making errors (although that's what the article name already days tbh). Or do it like Native Instruments, ie requiring you to log in to purchase upgrade versions. All valid improvements. But starting a rant about greedy corporations and dongles and what not is just inappropriate. I hope for you that Steinberg offers a quick solution and that you learned to better inform yourself in the future before you press the pay button.

paterpeter wrote:I'm not even a Steinberg user and I still think Steinberg is clearly not to blame. Sure, they could add a warning to the purchase page saying "you need product X version Y to activate this upgrade" to avoid the... less careful users from making errors (although that's what the article name already days tbh). Or do it like Native Instruments, ie requiring you to log in to purchase upgrade versions. All valid improvements. But starting a rant about greedy corporations and dongles and what not is just inappropriate. I hope for you that Steinberg offers a quick solution and that you learned to better inform yourself in the future before you press the pay button.
Seems this sort of people always try to blame other for their own faults. First it was Steinberg, now everyone who don't confirm him is a fanboi of that company.

KVR as a base of Steinberg fanboiz? Irrational.. :lol:

Anyway, he is so busy making music that he can't read the answers in this thread he originally initiated (asking myself: for what exactly he posted here when he don't even bother to read?).

Reading seems to be a general problem? :D

Only good KVR took care of his topic title. Even better would be to delete it.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

sys2074 wrote:
hibidy wrote:hahaah!

Well, I don't think it's a fanboi outcry! But hey, I tried to have your back......
Sorry! Didn't bother to read all the back log. Was making music instead. I know not all here blame the unknowing customer for failing to instantly understand the confusing schemes of a corporation.
After all that has been said, I still don't understand what is 'confusing' about the word 'upgrade'. Maybe english is not your first language though.
Last edited by lnikj on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

lnikj wrote:
sys2074 wrote:

Well, I don't think it's a fanboi outcry! But hey, I tried to have your back......
Sorry! Didn't bother to read all the back log. Was making music instead. I know not all here blame the unknowing customer for failing to instantly understand the confusing schemes of a corporation.
After all that is been said, I still don't understand what is 'confusing' about the word 'upgrade'. Maybe english is not your first language though.
To be fair, after Ozone 6 even many native English speakers have trouble with the meaning of the word "upgrade" :hihi:

paterpeter wrote:
lnikj wrote:
sys2074 wrote:

After all that is been said, I still don't understand what is 'confusing' about the word 'upgrade'. Maybe english is not your first language though.
To be fair, after Ozone 6 even many native English speakers have trouble with the meaning of the word "upgrade" :hihi:
:D

TL;DR summary

OP failed to read what he/she was buying. Honest mistake perhaps, but has since been offered several ways in which to remedy the issue. And yet he/she still continues to blame Steinberg for his/her inability to take responsibility for his/her own actions.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

That may be the worst purchase experience ever for Steinberg, indeed :p

Sorry, just kiddin'

paterpeter wrote:
lnikj wrote:
sys2074 wrote:

Hehe.. I hear you but only true after they installed the upgrade (what contains they were entitled to upgrade in contrary to the OP). So that's a poor comparison to be fair. :lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

sys2074 wrote:

Look, it's you that comes across as dishonest imputing 'schemes' and stating you got 'nothing' for your money. It's on you to not be an idiot, basically. Upgrade from your empty dongle, yeah, that's the ticket. This much spin is really transparent. So there was one person that took the opportunity to side with you, desperate to look like he's Fighting the Power, and hibs for some reason thinking the room is unfair to you. I don't think so. I think you'd be kindly advised to back off the insinuations of being cheated, you pulled the trigger in haste and it's not a good look to project blame for your own actions, it's childish.

sys2074 made a small mistake and assumed upgrade from Cubase 4/5 was the only option available. Whats the big deal? :shrug:

bluedad wrote:
zvenx wrote: even after he changed the title, he continued speaking about being screwed by steinberg and equating their policies to a used car sales businesss.... etc..
oh, he didn't change the title

Ahhh got ya. ;)
Rsp
sound sculptist

Lee702 wrote:sys2074 made a small mistake and assumed upgrade from Cubase 4/5 was the only option available. Whats the big deal? :shrug:
Read the full thread. In short: He expected to get the full version, despite the product was cleary marked as an 'upgrade' - and when he didn't get a full verison, he blamed Steinberg for his mistake. Oh, and he did not try to contact Steinberg, as he didn't find a contact mail (a matter of googling two seconds). Well, and then he ignored any advice given here, and reacted in a very arrogant way - and still continued blaming Steinberg for his inability to read pretty obvious product descriptions.

It's a bit as if you plan on buying a Ferrari, but order red paint for a Ferrari instead, then you wonder why you don't get the Ferrari with the paint, and finally publicly blame the manufacturer for this evil plot. :party:

Somebody has to say it. This is obviously a false-flag operation by Steinberg black ops. It is designed to foster ill will toward Japan (and possibly Yamaha) and generate sympathy for Steinberg.

The follow up will be a complaint on gearslutz by a guy who bought a Steinberg product to club baby seals with and found that it just broke in his hands when used as he intended. After he gaffer taped it up, he plugged it in back in the Studio to see if it would be useful in music creation but it caught fire and destroyed all his platinum records. A shitstorm of abuse from animal lovers and enviromentalists and producers with no platinum records will rain down on his head until the New Year and Steinberg will come out of it all smelling like a rose.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

Lee702 wrote:sys2074 made a small mistake and assumed upgrade from Cubase 4/5 was the only option available. Whats the big deal? :shrug:
+1 To be fair there should be a check in place for the update. Guy picked the most 'logical' option available. No full version listed. Whats up with that.. He should get sorted though, just be patient bro. :wink:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

No, more than that has gone on. Trying to spin it again and again like we don't notice and would be persuaded to a story that's a total non-starter.
Not a big deal even remotely to me, but I would advise to not insult people's intelligence.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”