iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:Just wondering here guys, does Izotope offer free upgrades of their products sometimes, or they always make their customers pay for any type of upgrades? Just curious.
Are you joking? Free upgrades? Never.
LOL ok just wondering since it's been a long long time since I own one of their products, didn't remember. Thanks for the info!

BBFG# wrote:
MillerSam wrote:Audio Deluxe : $87.99
Uncle E messaged me there will offering it for 83.99 USD
This is good to hear, JRRShop emailed me and said it was still going to be $99.00.
AudioDeluxe did give me the $87.99 price as soon as it was announced though.
Four bucks is four bucks, especially during this season...

So a new engine to add with 3GB more (and all 11GB available to download) for that is really not that bad of a deal. I have two forms of Zebra and use them both, I don't see if this will be that much different in that regard. But like someone already speculated, Iris is a bit of 'geek' tool, and it definitely nails that facet in me. Still will go through the demo first and wait for UE to get the basket price showing up regular before making the leap.

(And I think they are NOT NFR, except that upgrades ARE tied together as one. Even though they have separate licenses.)
Wolfgang Palm Plugins and AIR Tech Loom example are NFR. No transfer accepted
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
MillerSam wrote:Audio Deluxe : $87.99
Uncle E messaged me there will offering it for 83.99 USD
This is good to hear, JRRShop emailed me and said it was still going to be $99.00.
AudioDeluxe did give me the $87.99 price as soon as it was announced though.
Four bucks is four bucks, especially during this season...

So a new engine to add with 3GB more (and all 11GB available to download) for that is really not that bad of a deal. I have two forms of Zebra and use them both, I don't see if this will be that much different in that regard. But like someone already speculated, Iris is a bit of 'geek' tool, and it definitely nails that facet in me. Still will go through the demo first and wait for UE to get the basket price showing up regular before making the leap.

(And I think they are NOT NFR, except that upgrades ARE tied together as one. Even though they have separate licenses.)
Wolfgang Palm Plugins and AIR Tech Loom example are NFR. No transfer accepted
Okay, but this thread is about Izotope so it's reasonable to assume that is all I'm commenting on.

Yes for sure but I want to clearify it ;) you write there are not NFR but I write them over support and they said no second hand possible ;)

I will buy the upgrade when I will get the best price for it. The price is not very low but I think you have two version later iris 1 and Iris 2.
And you can launch both version in standalone version. I think this is one positive side of the product. For live performance no bad ;)
Synth Anatomy

MillerSam wrote:Yes for sure but I want to clearify it ;) you write there are not NFR but I write them over support and they said no second hand possible ;)

I will buy the upgrade when I will get the best price for it. The price is not very low but I think you have two version later iris 1 and Iris 2.
And you can launch both version in standalone version. I think this is one positive side of the product. For live performance no bad ;)
Are you saying this is something new they are doing for just this product?

I know the rest can be resold, but if you bought something using another serial number for upgrade or crossgrade then the serial gets tied to that first serial.

What do you mean with the first sentence?

I have Iris 1 full version already so I can buy the upgrade without problems ;)
Synth Anatomy

BBFG# wrote:
MillerSam wrote:Yes for sure but I want to clearify it ;) you write there are not NFR but I write them over support and they said no second hand possible ;)
Are you saying this is something new they are doing for just this product?
I know the rest can be resold, but if you bought something using another serial number for upgrade or crossgrade then the serial gets tied to that first serial.
MillerSam wrote:What do you mean with the first sentence?
I have Iris 1 full version already so I can buy the upgrade without problems ;)

I'm asking if they told you specifically that Iris 2 would be an NFR product as you implied.

Yes, you can upgrade to Iris 2 using your Iris 1 serial to qualify you for it.
However, you won't be able to sell Iris 1 without selling Iris 2 without it as they become 'tied' by the upgrade.

No they tell me nothing, I demand only Wolfgang Palm and AIR. But I think it's transferable when the new buyer own also Iris 1.
This is possible logical. If the other don't own Iris 1, it's quite sure that is not possible ;) Educational Licenses are NFR at iZotope ;)
If you want to sell Iris 1 and Iris 2 together, it's for sure possible
Synth Anatomy

MillerSam wrote:No they tell me nothing, I demand only Wolfgang Palm and AIR. But I think it's transferable when the new buyer own also Iris 1.
This is possible logical. If the other don't own Iris 1, it's quite sure that is not possible ;) Educational Licenses are NFR at iZotope ;)
Perhaps but not the other way around.
i.e. you cannot sell Iris 1 without Iris 2 when bought on upgrade or crossgrade.

Yes I think but maybe if you want hold Iris 1 than sell the upgrade to another 1 user. This is "maybe" possible but I don't know.
Topic change ;) Iris 2 again ;)
Synth Anatomy

Im beginning to hate iZotope. So if I don't upgrade now the upgrade price is $149 ! and nothing that I can see thats really better. Cant wait for Trash 3.

swartzfeger wrote:I just sent Izotope an email telling them they can keep their December 11 $99 upgrade. Complete radio silence for two years... then out of the blue, an upgrade that breaks compatibility? No thanks.
Good idea. I think I might send them an email too.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Can't be bothered with the upgrade. If anyone wants to buy Iris1 and then upgrade make me an offer :shrug:

popskull wrote:Im beginning to hate iZotope.
Me too. I have no concept of what it is they are trying to accomplish.

hibidy wrote:
Me too. I have no concept of what it is they are trying to accomplish.
Really? Two clues: a leather type of pocket & a small plastic card. Guess.

Return to “Instruments”