Addictive Drums 2 vs. 1 / Any opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bit surprised to hear you're not too keen on AD2. Although I have SD2 and EZDrummer, I always reach for AD1 firstly as I like the openess of the drum sound. Maybe just me. I already have Fairfax1 and like the sound of Fairfax2, so as well as adding another kit I thought I'd get the upgrade for the rest of my AD1 kits.
I thought that maybe with AD2 that XLN would have been able to take it further. I cant compare my AD1 kits with AD2 until I can hear them side by side.
Only XLN products I have which I have felt a bit disappointed in is their Electric Piano.

Glad to see I'm not alone not liking the marketing stuff in AD2. I almost never use it since upgrading because it puts me off mode. Even having the AD1 kits and a few adpaks it feels like a demo or crippleware to me. Ah well, at least it put me on the path to using my Kontakt kits more.

beltrom wrote:Glad to see I'm not alone not liking the marketing stuff in AD2. I almost never use it since upgrading because it puts me off mode. Even having the AD1 kits and a few adpaks it feels like a demo or crippleware to me. Ah well, at least it put me on the path to using my Kontakt kits more.

I know what you mean but never thought about it like that. But you're right. Last thing you need in mid-flow is
to wade through pages of marketing stuff til you get to the kit you want.

steveski wrote:
beltrom wrote:Glad to see I'm not alone not liking the marketing stuff in AD2. I almost never use it since upgrading because it puts me off mode. Even having the AD1 kits and a few adpaks it feels like a demo or crippleware to me. Ah well, at least it put me on the path to using my Kontakt kits more.

I know what you mean but never thought about it like that. But you're right. Last thing you need in mid-flow is
to wade through pages of marketing stuff til you get to the kit you want.
And they could probably fix it quite easily by keeping it really separate, or even better make it an optional part.

macmuse wrote:Has the CPU issue been addressed yet since the initial release?

When people are loving the Fairfax kit, is this Fairfax 1 or 2? Thanks.
Yes, the CPU issue is much better in v2.06. I have FF1, which is awesome (imo).

G

I like the new features in AD2. The "marketing" never bothered me. Amplitube's stuff does bother me. If you own AD1, when you upgrade you'll already have the Studio kits like Studio Prog.

I like Fairfax 1 and have no idea about Fairfax 2 - didn't even know it had come out.

robertszalapski wrote: If you own AD1, when you upgrade you'll already have the Studio kits like Studio Prog.
Do you guys feel the Fairfax kit is that much better than the studio kits? It sounds good in the demo, and yes the price is cheap right now to add FF1, but it's not so much about the money but more about having a million kits already.
Last edited by macmuse on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, if you like the AD workflow, I think it's worth getting the FF1 kit for a good, flexible sound.

Return to “Instruments”