iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Well this is not good news. As a Patchpool Iris subscription customer an Iris incompatible with Iris 1 is pointless. That would be like Tassman 5 being incompatible with the Harm Visser patches.
A shame as those modulation options look quite good.
Does this mean the end of the v1 subscription Simon?

I guess as long as the 2 versions can be run side by side there's still life in the version 1 subscription. My concern would be how long will that be sustainable, Izotope were never good at keeping it updated in the first place, if systems change and Iris 1 suddenly becomes buggy it's certain Izotope will not do anything to fix that.

secretkillerofnames wrote: Does this mean the end of the v1 subscription Simon?
No, not at all, the susbcription for v1 continues until the lights go out. If I do something for v2, it will a seperate release with crossgrade options, so no worries.

Wow, this sounds more like a V1.2 or 1.3 to me than a ''V2'' release. And they make their customers pay for a little update like that?

So glad I sold all my Izotope licenses and don’t own any now, I would be pretty pissed to pay 100 bucks for a few lfo’s and a delay. I hear you guys, having to pay for that is pretty lame. I’ll stick to the smaller companies who keep offering free minor updates on a regular basis instead of sucking my money at every little updates.

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

secretkillerofnames wrote:That would be like Tassman 5 being incompatible with the Harm Visser patches.
Unfortunately I suspect if it ever does come out that is likely. After all they did the same with Tassman 4.

I'm a iZotope Iris v1 user, I will likely upgrade to v2, I don't know about all the hating and the browbeating going on in this thread. Main thought from me is I'm glad they have been working on some improvemnts..

I don't think I'll worry about my previous Iris libraries being incompatible, I will will just keep the two versions of Iris, and patches that I think could be improved with the new features in v2 I'll upgrade manually---
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

I was very disappointed too when I saw this, I too was hoping for all the changes to be in the spectral engine - that was what made Iris so interesting for me.

One interesting thing I have seen listed that I think might be new (I can't see it in the v1 documentation) is:

"Intelligent Zero Crossing: Loop sample selections seamlessly using our new Intelligent Zero Crossing technology."

Not sure how much of a difference that makes (certainly not $99 worth) or if it is actually new(?)

aMUSEd wrote:
secretkillerofnames wrote:That would be like Tassman 5 being incompatible with the Harm Visser patches.
Unfortunately I suspect if it ever does come out that is likely. After all they did the same with Tassman 4.
Oh yeah I fully expect this. It's why I'm not one of those people campaigning hard for v5 :)

As for Iris 2... Glad it isn't an immediate must purchase. Plenty on my plate with Max7.

Okay, may seem fairly obvious, but let me ask anyway...

Does the upgrade include the Izotope libraries since it is now part of the standard?
If so, why would we need to import them then?
Message feels a little mixed here.

But that would definitely be a good reason to upgrade if it had all the 7GB.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
I don't think I'll worry about my previous Iris libraries being incompatible, I will will just keep the two versions of Iris, and patches that I think could be improved with the new features in v2 I'll upgrade manually---
Its not too much to hope for, compatibility with previous patches.... :dog:
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

BBFG wrote:
Does the upgrade include the Izotope libraries since it is now part of the standard?
I don't use the supplied libraries in Iris 1 only 3rd party (like the Patchpool subscription) and those I've constructed myself. They will need to be imported and if, as Simon has discovered, they are highly incompatible, then there is little point upgrading.

secretkillerofnames wrote:
BBFG wrote:
I don't use the supplied libraries in Iris 1 only 3rd party (like the Patchpool subscription) and those I've constructed myself. They will need to be imported and if, as Simon has discovered, they are highly incompatible, then there is little point upgrading.
Noted. But still not an answer to my question(s)...

I can think of some inexpensive Kontakt instruments from the likes of Synth Magic and Audiothing that are of more interest to me right now, as well as Simon's Granular Guitar's expansion for Padshop Pro. I think that I will back-burner this one for a while.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

BBFG# wrote: Noted. But still not an answer to my question(s)...
OK well...
BBFG# wrote:If so, why would we need to import them then?
A: You wouldn't - so long as you are only interested in using their libraries.

How's that? :D

Return to “Instruments”