Omnisphere - worth $500?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1

Edit
Last edited by chk071 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neverenoughfunk wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Thanks for the reminder I can upgrade from Atmosphere. Brought back the memory of how FUp'd the company can be. I'll venture into this after I have forgot that again.
explain?
it appears from your posts you expect a lot of software developers...
that begs the question... musically... what have you brought the world?
i ask because it seems that your bar is pretty high... and if you expect x,y,z from your software developers... i cant imagine what you expect for yourself musically...
:tu:
I don't want to relive the process I went through which also included them de-authorizing an authorized dealer.
Being that I worked music store sales for quite awhile (about fifteen yrs. +) I do realize I can be a hard sale and have higher standards for companies to pass the litmus. And I do try to give some leeway in that.
As for my music history, I am one of those that has purposely gone from professional to something closer to being in-between semi-pro and hobbyist now. Although I do on occasion do some things for others trying to reach professional.
What I do mainly now is work with dual-diagnosis, borderline, substance abuse, and others using cognitive and social models. In that vent, it seems my focus is more in trying to help others learn the common ploys of sales and to not fall to them blindly.
Most find comfort where they are and don't want to look behind that curtain though.
And they have every right to do so. What I present is only for those that are already looking behind and I expect the comfortable ones to rally against it. No shame to either. But after the 'reminder'. I will drop my action for this thread to a scan, rather than comment, as much as is possible.

The first time I authorized it took ages but after the second go round it went painlessly. Makes me wonder wtf they are doing there. :?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote:Ummmm...excuse me?

Did anyone say they were offended?
maybe not in words... but actions speak louder than

neverenoughfunk wrote:
to be honest... maybe the OP is not ready for Omni yet...
cause Omnispere is above everyone except those who have embraced the light

All hail the omnipotent Omni

ghettosynth wrote:
trimph1 wrote:Ummmm...excuse me?

Did anyone say they were offended?
It's generally only the owners that seek to end these threads using various means. I hope that for any intelligent KVR readers, that I do not have to point these out explicitly, I certainly could, the post would fill a page by itself.
^ this

Out of curiosity : are all of it third party soundwares strictly based on included factory samples of Omnisphere ?

chk071 wrote:Ghettosynth, that all implies that the OP knows his way around here, and knows whose opinion he can rely on, who knows his stuff and who does not. Would you agree that there's much more worthy info in checking the specs, and watching product demos (there are plenty of these)? I can only say that it's an extremely bad decision to rely on 3rd party opinions about a product (i know that from my own experience...). Especially with a plugin at this price point. And if the OP has a store nearby where he can check out Omnisphere, then i would highly recommend to do so.
Product demos are not going to highlight any limitations, flaws, bugs, etc... of course I can do both but if I had to choose one or the other, I would take 3rd party opinion over company marketing...

The best thing of course is to have a demo so one can try it oneself on ones own system...

neverenoughfunk wrote:another point about individuals input... in many cases an individual's input to based on his/her experiences... i just wondering how many of the individuals that posted in this thread could play a complex chord or have "chops"
All hail the omnipotent Omni

only lesser individuals could fail to see the bright shining light of Omni

:hail: :hail: :hihi:

Ummmm...I wonder here. How many of us really only use Omnisphere here. I have at least 200 vsts and around 7 real synths...

And, come to think of it, these things are much better than visiting a psychiatrist... :hihi:
Last edited by trimph1 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

trimph1 wrote::hail: :hail: :hihi:
:hail:

trimph1 wrote::hail: :hail: :hihi:

Ummmm...I wonder here. How many of us really only use Omnisphere here. I have at least 200 vsts and around 7 real synths...

And, come to think of it, these things are much better than visiting a psychiatrist... :hihi:

Only seven? pfft! ;)

trimph1 wrote:<snip>....And, come to think of it, these things are much better than visiting a psychiatrist... :hihi:
You got that right trimph. Can't tell you how many times I have left the day job in a bad mood and once behind my DAW how quickly that mood improves. :tu:

Sometimes it's with Omnisphere, sometimes with Alchemy, sometimes with Zebra or Diva or Kontakt or .....well you know :hihi:

And then the DAW farts.....HA :x

What's the best DAW to take the place of a psychiatrist? Is it really worth the asking price?

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

If I was dosed with 1200 micrograms of LSD and was locked in a room with only one synth (and someone to play it for the sake of argument), the synth that I would want would be Omnisphere.

I tend to base all of my synth/gear choices around that hypothetical scenario.

My other "go to" scenario is what synth/gear would I want played at my funeral?

gremlinmoon wrote:If I was dosed with 1200 micrograms of LSD and was locked in a room with only one synth (and someone to play it for the sake of argument), the synth that I would want would be Omnisphere.

I tend to base all of my synth/gear choices around that hypothetical scenario.

My other "go to" scenario is what synth/gear would I want played at my funeral?
Sounds like a good time to be in a DIFFERENT room. Just saying. Here's the synth that you don't want to bust out when everybody is high, because, if you do, you will hear bewoww, bewowa, bewaagh, boing, booong. botchzzz, batchzzz, tchzzz, all damn night long. Nobody gets tired of it and everybody wants everyone else to stop playing with it so that they can get a turn.

Return to “Instruments”