bx saturator 2 vs others. opinions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so yeah its on sale and i LOVE my SPL Transient designer and twin tube, so i checked out the demo of saturator 2 a bit and dunno yet if it really is so impacting to me like bx_refinement which i totally love too and dont want to miss anymore.

how is saturator 2 compared to other plugins? is it fully comparable to Magnetic2, Twin Tube, TB Ferox? cause those i got and like a lot, but always checking out new/other plugins' sound, but in the end i cannot think or dont think that you do need 10 saturators so i wanna minimize more and learn how to know which ones really are good and offer things you might need/want without marketing blabla.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Hi.
BX saturator V2 is the best for me in my arsenal which contains also:
-Waves J37, Kramer Tape, NLS, REDD
-Softube Saturation Knob
-FXpansion Etch
-Ableton 8 saturator
-Steinberg Distortion & Tape Drive (are included in Mixer, Halion 5, Halion Sonic SE2, ....)
-D16 Devastor
-iZotope Alloy 2
-RP Distort

The main unique features for me are:
-separated saturation levels for mid lo, mid hi, side low , side hi;
-VST3 support;

Alternatives for separated saturation levels for mid lo, mid hi, side low , side hi:
- NI Guitar Rig 5

Alternatives for separated saturation levels for lo/hi or mid/side:
- free TNT by Speaker Blower Records: http://www.drsb.net/audio.htm
- custom chains. For example: Waves S1 MS Matrix -> Left Mono Saturation+Right Mono Saturation-> Waves S1
Last edited by krandr on Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thanks very very much, this is what i always am interested in, the mid/side etc. i will test it out more on the masterchannel later.

does anyone compared it to Twin Tube? i use twin tube on single elements and i really like it when i wanna get some elements more in the face or tame down some mid/lows without having to losse the sound overall.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Twin tube seems to me to do more to the top end. Saturator seems to do more to the mids and the rest of the band.

But it's been a while since I used either. Sat is more versatile I think and I prefer it.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

thanks for all the replies! got it and love it ;).

It's the dogz... I use it on everything. :)

I have SPL's Twin Tube also, but I rarely use these it these days to be honest.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I tried a lot of saturators, I mean a lot. They all do a good job.
Vintage Warmer 2 is the best in my opinion at really changing the sound the most, if that is what you want.
My latest crazy track "The Quick Brown Fox sampled the Lazy Dog": http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=425647
15 Free DIVA Presets: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5892108

FabFilter's Saturn is my go-to for saturation. Great, multi-band saturation with all kinds of different saturation options and sounds very good to me. Definitely worth a demo if you're looking for a new saturation plug. You can define a big number of bands, have different saturation on each, mid-side stuff, etc.

Return to “Effects”