Ozone 6 Announced!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ozone 8 Standard

So is it possible the reason they removed some of the things because when they changed the engine to allow the user to reorder the modules they could no longer make things like reverb and gating work completely correctly? With their old fixed path they may have been able to do things that once you open that door and let people rearrange things then you end up with all sorts of sample delay issues and lots of problems with some hosts. If that's why they removed the things they did, then there is almost no chance they will ever add those missing features back.

Of course that still doesn't explain why I can't load module presets anymore in Ozone basic. I guess in advanced with the stand alone plugin versions you can load/save a preset, but not in the main package. Can't see a technical reason for stripping that feature.

Initially I was thinking perhaps they could fix a lot of this. Add back reverb, add in the ability to scale modules, and load individual module presets and I might be willing to reconsider. But if they took those things out for technical reasons the only response we are going to get is "look at the pretty UI".

Sad really. #ozone6downgrade
-Matt

Reading all of this has me wanting to get my pitchfork ready, and I don't even own it! :hihi:

AudioGuy720 wrote: It appears Izotope has finally polluted the ozone with this release!
Ha! WELL PUT! :lol:

Anyone dissatisfied should bring their comments to their Facebook page in addition to emailing them. ;)
https://www.facebook.com/izotopeinc

Here is the response that I got from support. I know the guy who sent it has to tow the company line. I understand that.

"We really appreciate you took the time to share your concerns, and I will forward this to Ozone Product Management.

That being said, it is our policy not to respond on forums directly.

Overall, Ozone’s goal is to provide the most essential mastering tools, rather than every tool that might be used ever. With Ozone 6 we wanted to focus on a more curated mastering workflow and put our effort into improving the most necessary mastering tools. This did mean that we took out some features that were generally considered less useful in mastering specifically.

I do sincerely apologize if this makes you unsatisfied with your upgrade! If you do have any specific questions regarding some of the Ozone features we may have removed, or any further feedback, please do not hesitate to let me know!"

I have to wonder WHO considered the features that were removed less useful in mastering?? What if I want to use Ozone in a non-mastering context? I don't think I'm wrong to expect everything that was in 5 and then some when I'm paying yet more money. I guess I need the "beating a dead horse" smiley that I saw someone use here somewhere. This is an example of why I like dealing with the small developers. They are tuned in, listen, and most would never pull something like this. I do actually have a much, much bigger list of developers that I like compared to those that I don't. :party:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

I've seen so much (and been a part of, sorry about that) on the interwebz it's tough to separate all this out. I can see how they'd want to stay away :hihi:

Yes this seems disappointing. And I have submitted the bug where the cloud is not visible in the vectorscope. Hopefully they will sort some things out and get back to square one. I hate to see them slide like this after so many good products.

Jon

Concerning the missing reverb and other missing features, they will probably be back in the future, but then of course as selling points for upgrading.

klagga wrote:Concerning the missing reverb and other missing features, they will probably be back in the future, but then of course as selling points for upgrading.
Yeah, they could now release a gated reverb combining the two nuked modules, for 599 $ intro-pricing, the advanced version for $ 999 will let you use reverb time over 4 seconds.

I've been reading through this - I am an Ozone 5 user (before that I think it was Ozone 3) and while I wasn't going to go for an upgrade immediately I was considering it - after checking the threads here.

In it's current state I won't upgrade.

I have some sympathy for Izotope. I can see why their product management people might feel the move should be to something more focussed and if I were them I wouldn't feel the need to defend the product - after all from their perspective it's a new product and it will suceed or fail in the market asit it is.

The problem is more for existing users of their previous products who are upgrading. The culpability there is partly with the company for not making it clear to people what the losses are because they are not trivial. Most of us assume that new versions have more, and that has certainly been my experience, maybe the presentation will change but not that alot of functionality is lost.

I'm sorry for those that were caught out by this - I could have easily done the same - maybe the company could do something for those people.

I'm just disappointed - not disaapointed and out of pocket like them.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

So, if I pay a 99 USD fee I can have the following removed from my V5?

- Reverb
- Gate / expander
- pre-sets per module
- Dithering options
- 'Amount' slider on each module
- System wide 'amount' slider
- Invert L and invert R channel
- Multiband offsets
- Dynamics histogram view

waiting for V7 to get rid of that pesky EQ
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

You also lose two maximizer algos :)

from reading on this site and others, it appears they rushed this update

SLiC wrote:So, if I pay a 99 USD fee I can have the following removed from my V5?

- Reverb
- Gate / expander
- pre-sets per module
- Dithering options
- 'Amount' slider on each module
- System wide 'amount' slider
- Invert L and invert R channel
- Multiband offsets
- Dynamics histogram view

waiting for V7 to get rid of that pesky EQ
Yes! You can do it just like I did. You're wiser than I in that you are doing your homework. I was a trusting sucker. I take responsibility ultimately.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

PRPS wrote:from reading on this site and others, it appears they rushed this update
You mean they rushed it because they didn't remove more features?

Return to “Effects”