Acon Multiply - new free chorus plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiply

Hello there.
Great plugin and awesome chance to get Instrument doubling effects thats more natural than traditional Chorus effects.

From a technical standpoint I liked to ask:
If I use this plugin to multiply a string group that's playing from one side (stereo placement to the right/left 30-50%),
will the effect then cause the instruments to spread all over the stereo image. As if suddenly the players will be all over the place?
Or will the voices still be perceived to that one spatial location?
Thats something I really wondered, cause the former would lead to some unnatural effect.

In other words: Does the 'stereo' knob alter the stereo image relative to the source material, or will there stereo knob always mix the voices relative to center?
09, 05, 2007: Searching for my own voice...
10, 09, 2011: My voice lies somewhere at F# (least used musical key in musical history)
Maybe I'm just too infrequent

Hi!
BuddhaMaster wrote:Hello there.
Great plugin and awesome chance to get Instrument doubling effects thats more natural than traditional Chorus effects.
Thanks! :)
BuddhaMaster wrote:From a technical standpoint I liked to ask:
If I use this plugin to multiply a string group that's playing from one side (stereo placement to the right/left 30-50%),
will the effect then cause the instruments to spread all over the stereo image. As if suddenly the players will be all over the place?
Or will the voices still be perceived to that one spatial location?
Thats something I really wondered, cause the former would lead to some unnatural effect.

In other words: Does the 'stereo' knob alter the stereo image relative to the source material, or will there stereo knob always mix the voices relative to center?
Multiply create creates copies of the original signal that are uncorrelated over short observation times (comparable to that of our hearing). In stereo mode, the left and right channels will be maximally uncorrelated when the stereo width is 100% and you can narrow it down to complete correlation with the stereo width at 0% (center placement). In other words, you won't be able to place individual voices at specific position in the stereo field unless you create an instance of Multiply for each voice (with the dry level set to zero) and pan them afterwards.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Effects”