Bazille 1.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

Most if not all of those sounds are quite disturbing. But that's not necessarily a bad thing haha. I just don't like the Bazilles basic sound quality (probably because of the digital edge). Waiting impatiently for the Hive synth
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Bassline"master", give it up. You must be the troll. Why do you busy yourself with a synth you don't like nor understand? Pdxindy's examples are some of the best sounding timbres I've heard from bazille. Sure, you can get similar sounds from other synths, but that's not the point. Its like playing a telecaster and a les paul. You'll get similar sounds, but they play and feel, and ultimately sound different.

You seem to have no love for sound experiments other than preconceived ideas of how things should be.

What music do you listen to?

And can you post examples of 'complete' synths (not complete songs, just pure synths) that sound just like bazille?
Last edited by tedlogan on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

basslinemaster wrote: What does the word 'most' mean? That's why I used it. What exactly is Bazille doing that you couldn't do with other synths, soundwise? (Except most people wouldn't want to produce sounds like I've heard throughout this thread, so you don't get to hear them coming from other synths.) This is the most bizarre VST phenomenon I've ever seen/heard.
Must be quite a shock; people with different tastes & opinions than you. Maybe the internet is not for you. :P

Asslinemaster wrote: This is the most bizarre VST phenomenon I've ever seen/heard.
Im guessing youve only just stumbled across the universe of VST plugins
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Asslinemaster wrote:
teehee!! :lol:

Seems a couple of dudes in this thread need to move along now.

If you don't 'get' Bazille then accept it's just not your thing and move on. Don't knock what you don't understand.
Constructive queries as to what IS so great about it will however be tolerated and explained with great enthusiasm, no doubt. Don't confuse 'quality' with 'appeal'.
(Note to self: don't feed the trolls.)

But just in case that all sounded negative, you two guys are absolutely right, we've all been so wrong, silly us. Now we'll never be able to make any music again. Ever. :roll:

All that's left to do now is for Urs to release a synth consisting of thousands of samples of him hitting a metal trash can with a wooden baseball bat. It would have hundreds of knobs and switches which would flicker and flash when you pressed them, but with no discernible effect to the sound. Instead the synth would just randomly play back one of the thousands of trash can sounds each time a note was pressed. You could call it "MeCanIc" (get it?) and market it as an acoustic modeling solution for ambient drone and film scores.

TonyVegas wrote:All that's left to do now is for Urs to release a synth consisting of thousands of samples of him hitting a metal trash can with a wooden baseball bat. It would have hundreds of knobs and switches which would flicker and flash when you pressed them, but with no discernible effect to the sound. Instead the synth would just randomly play back one of the thousands of trash can sounds each time a note was pressed. You could call it "MeCanIc" (get it?) and market it as an acoustic modeling solution for ambient drone and film scores.
Your poor trash can.

TonyVegas wrote:All that's left to do now is for Urs to release a synth consisting of thousands of samples of him hitting a metal trash can with a wooden baseball bat. It would have hundreds of knobs and switches which would flicker and flash when you pressed them, but with no discernible effect to the sound. Instead the synth would just randomly play back one of the thousands of trash can sounds each time a note was pressed. You could call it "MeCanIc" (get it?) and market it as an acoustic modeling solution for ambient drone and film scores.

V0RT3X wrote:Messing around with 3 instances of Bazille.
https://soundcloud.com/voratix/bazille-test

Each of the three channels had a EQ on it and the master used the full version of the glue with 8x oversampling enabled.
I really like the harmony that occurs from 0:17 onwards.

I found that quite funny actually :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the comic relief!
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

tedlogan wrote:Sure, you can get similar sounds from other synths...
Actually, I don't really agree with that. Bazille is pretty much unique with a bunch of tools not available in other synths. When you start heading out to the edge, I don't think there is a single hardwired synth that can follow.

Hell, you can modulate the sequencer at audio rate and use it as a sound source! (which has a gorgeous snapping snarling bass)

pdxindy wrote:
tedlogan wrote:Sure, you can get similar sounds from other synths...
Actually, I don't really agree with that. Bazille is pretty much unique with a bunch of tools not available in other synths. When you start heading out to the edge, I don't think there is a single hardwired synth that can follow.

Hell, you can modulate the sequencer at audio rate and use it as a sound source! (which has a gorgeous snapping snarling bass)
You're right, yes. I meant "similar" in a very broad sense. Like buses and Minis all fall under the category of "vehicles", or taiko drums, bongos, a drummachine, and a Pearl drumkit all fall under "percussion".

Either way, this synth is the coolest thing I've ever used (this includes real-world instruments, DAWs, effects, other VSTs etc - everything) in the world of sound and music. To think I was gonna skip it altogether almost!
I love it! :band2: :band: :wheee: :violin: :love: :party: :clap:
pdxindy wrote:Some more Bazille ;-)

http://draigathar.org/sounds/B61.mp3
Ahh one of your animal sounds (as I assume you call them ? )

Very very cool.

Hehe, what amazes me the most is that after two weeks of release we had sold more Bazilles than we had sold Divas in a year. For some reason, "awkward for some" is the new analogue. We hadn't expected this, but one can imagine that we're very happy - it's our most successful product release, by far.

If people are afraid that their favourite artist will be going all bleep and bloop, the probability has just risien indefinitely. Therefore I can totally understand that some people are a bit in awe - it's a sign of music moving on, on a larger scale, just like the renaissance of analogue modular is. I don't think though that dissing the product will reverse the motion. Instead, maybe they should put hope in our next synth - it might balance things out, for a while.

Return to “Instruments”