If you could just choose 2 reverbs and 2 delay plugins, what would you pick?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmmm reverbs could be Phoenix and R2. But for the second I could also choose something very different like Aether.

Delays, I'm a true delay fan, but I'll pick Xils-Lab Le Masque, as its so versatile, creative and good sounding, and for the second the soundtoys EchoBoy or AD replicant ( This one is also very creative ) There are a lot of interesting delays.

SOoooOO 2 is really embarassing, but with 3, this is my current private top 3.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

reverb: aether. if i had to pick a second...i guess altiverb, though i no longer own it.
delays: that's a bit tougher. i'd really love "one delay to rule them all", but at this point, i'd probably go for the psp42 and 85.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

kuzami wrote:Got a lil reverb question for you. Let's say I bought the Perfect Storm bundle by 2C Audio. Would it then be a waste to get VRoom?
No. VRoom has a different character.

Tough one.

Reverb:
ValhallaRoom for sure. Absolutely love this plugin.
2cAudio B2 I guess. Great reverb.

ValhallaShimmer would be awfully nice to have too though.

Delay:

EchoBoy. I hate (hate hate hate) iLok but I love this plugin regardless. Easy to use, versatile, sounds great.
ECHOES from Nomad Factory. Nice plugin. I really use primarily EchoBoy but I do like ECHOES on occasion.

Delay- I could probably get by with just Echoboy but I'll throw in PSP Echo for the ducking.
Reverb- B2, Vahalla VV, Cubase Reverence, Verberate. I tried, I couldn't do just two. :shrug:

I only use 2 reverbs and 1 delay: VRoom, VintageVerb, and EchoBoy

Reverb:
Verberate.
Valhalla Vintage Verb.

Delay:

Waves H-delay. Super-tap
Have to mention Studio One's delays also.

Cheers.

kuzami wrote:Got a lil reverb question for you. Let's say I bought the Perfect Storm bundle by 2C Audio. Would it then be a waste to get VRoom?
2C Audio stuff sounds more realistic and warmer. VRoom more crisp and digital. Depends on what you prefer.
Maybe try the Plates and Dark in VRoom demo for drums and compare with Aether/B2.
My latest crazy track "The Quick Brown Fox sampled the Lazy Dog": http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=425647
15 Free DIVA Presets: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5892108

Not at all. They sound very different. I personally like VRoom more than the 2C Audio stuff, although the 2C Audio stuff is exceptional.

Did a review of the new Imperial Delay by Boz Digital, loving this, replaced Ubermod :D Here is a link for your enjoyment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPqgTJXIz1k
Last edited by kuzami on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You did, but the link is wrong.
/watch?v=rPqgTJXIz1k

Ok, took me months to test and choose between reverbs, but I'm happy with these:
Acon Digital Verberate
Valhalla Vintage Verb

Just started with delays, luckily not too many good options there...

subterfuge wrote:You did, but the link is wrong.
/watch?v=rPqgTJXIz1k

Ok, took me months to test and choose between reverbs, but I'm happy with these:
Acon Digital Verberate
Valhalla Vintage Verb

Just started with delays, luckily not too many good options there...
Should be corrected now, thanks for the heads-up.

Delays: Valhalla UUUUUUUUUUUUUberMod, Waves Super Tap. (whatever it's called).
Reverb: Valhalla Shimmer, and I absolutely love Native Instruments' Reflektor for convolution stuff.

Plus I use Ableton Live and Reaper so I get to use all the stuff that comes with them as well Mwa ha ha ha ha ha that's more delays and reverbs, they don't count; they're part of the program; bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha I'm so ridiculously pleased with what I probably erroneously perceive to be a shenanigan, etc, ad nauseum, veni vidi vici, sic itur ad astra, the monkeys have the keys to the cage of our souls.

:D

Since this question was originally posted my go-to reverb and delay plugs have changed:

Reverb: I picked up Breeze thanks to the 2C Audio holiday sale...and I absolutely love it. RC24 is my alternative option.
Delay: With a big thumbs to NI, Replika is now the first plug I fire up for delay. If I need something a little more crazy I reach for RP-Delay.

Lexicon PCM & Soundtoys EchoBoy, if someone actually gave me those two to use them, if not, than VRoom and H-Delay would be my top end picks, but in reality, Smart Electronix Ambience & could warm up in time to Replika :tu:

Return to “Effects”