VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Looks stunning. PM sent :D
:tu: All is good

Looks great PM sent

ok! i just got notification from Fmr that the x64 appears to function correctly in multiple DAWs

sorry for the delay getting it to you but i didnt wanna send out a bunch of broken x64 code! :scared:

yes, i made the x64 on my x32 winxp PC without being able to test it! :oops:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I see the plugin downloaded from the first post not being modified since long time. PM to dev needed only or am I missing something? :clown:

:hyper:

chris.r wrote:I see the plugin downloaded from the first post not being modified since long time. PM to dev needed only or am I missing something? :clown:

There is new version coming soon...With better sound and more modulation options.

As for now, i have version with ugly looking preset manager (yet :D)

2DaT wrote:There is new version coming soon...With better sound and more modulation options.
With that lovely new gui? Should I subscribe by PM or it's freeware and have to wait for download link? Sorry for dumb questions, I'm new to this thread. :oops:

2DaT wrote:As for now, i have version with ugly looking preset manager (yet :D)
Can you make it only pop up when i hover mouse cursor over that area and normally invisible ?
I think most Obxd users don't even need a preset manager because they just use their host to load/save presets.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:I think most Obxd users don't even need a preset manager because they just use their host to load/save presets.
Sorry, but as someone who's dealt with this for the last year, I completely disagree. While I understand the replication of functionality (which was one of the reasons it was omitted originally), having a common independent preset management system available in ANY host, with a common assignable preset path, is so much more convenient. Hopefully, it'll also allow management of MIDI CC assignments, which can only currently be imported from a bank file. Depending on its implementation, it may also have additional uses.

I haven't had the opportunity to say this, but I think it's awesome that 2DaT's decided to include a preset manager in the new build. But it might be a good idea to refrain from posting "disturbing" pictures of WIP to such a GUI-sensitive community like ours... :hihi:

Fantastic! It has been good to watch (and hear) this synth grow into what it has become. My sincere thanks to everyone involved.

As someone said in another thread, it deserves some sort of award for Best of 2014.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
바보

+1 on that! It's a remarkable instrument and the fact that it's free is a mystery to me.

@Layzer: I'd also like to officially recant concerning my somewhat grumpy posts about the new OBXa GUI. :oops: Now that I've seen the finished version, I think that it looks really good.

Any chance of a Mac OS compatible version?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:+1 on that! It's a remarkable instrument and the fact that it's free is a mystery to me.

@Layzer: I'd also like to officially recant concerning my somewhat grumpy posts about the new OBXa GUI. :oops: Now that I've seen the finished version, I think that it looks really good.

/Joachim
thanks, spitfire. glad it grew on ya :D

sadly, i do not utilize mac hardware for any computer uses.
so, if someone wants to compile obxd with this skin for mac, feel free to
pm me for the bitmaps.

I will update this skin and the original OBX skin for v2. and plan to make the SEMV variant also. so
stay tuned :)

2DaT wrote:
chris.r wrote:I see the plugin downloaded from the first post not being modified since long time. PM to dev needed only or am I missing something? :clown:

There is new version coming soon...With better sound and more modulation options.

lol...i dunno, i'm kinda diggin that floating preset manager! :tu:

2DaT wrote:

I'm hoping the hidden parameters will also be exposed.

Spitfire31 wrote:+1 on that! It's a remarkable instrument and the fact that it's free is a mystery to me.

/Joachim
Yes, as someone who was skeptical at the beginning, I also must say that I am now using this skin. Ot works, and is much of Obie than the baby blue. One single remark - the logo would probably be better with the "d" in small case (like in the original OB-Xa).

I also think that the patch navigator menu could be placed in the same location as the logo, maybe with a small button to show/hide it. This way, it would not mess up with the current GUI and will be fully functioning nevertheless, when we need it.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:I also think that the patch navigator menu could be placed in the same location as the logo, maybe with a small button to show/hide it. This way, it would not mess up with the current GUI and will be fully functioning nevertheless, when we need it.
Guyz... :dog: What you're commenting about is just experimental. When programmers mess around with new features, they'll throw something on some free area of the GUI just to experiment. What you're seeing is in no way representative of the final implementation.

Return to “Instruments”