Questions about NI Maschine

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

This is my first message on the forum, I hope I place it in the right category and that a topic with all questions related to Maschine doesn't exist yet (I searched for it but didn't find it).
Thanks for the time you're going to take to help me :) I really appreciate it !

I'm learning Maschine, it's my first real entrance into Mao, really enjoying it but getting a few difficulties that I don't find any solution to:

I'm going to take an example to make my question clearer as I'm new to the Maos and won't maybe use the most accurate words:

1)
I want to add a Filter on my Mix on a break before entering a main part.
So I add in the plugins a Filter. Do my automation to my break. Then when I enter the main part I want this filter to totally disappear, how can I do that ? (In "live" I can Bypass the filter but here I speak about creating a song with scenes ect)

2)
If I want to add an Iceverb effect by example on a group, I can do an automation on the "Mix" (wet/dry of the effect) and keep it off for the parts I don't need it. But what I would like by example is that on Scene "4" it gets mostly to 100% wet effect (we hear only the ice verb) and that when I enter scene "5" I hear the end iceverb (a bit Like if I activate then deactivate the Iceverb in Traktor, when I push the button off of the effect there is a nice smooth end of it and not cutting back to 0 making a really strange feeling to my opinion).

3)
Finding a similar effect in Maschine to what is called "Gater" in Traktor. Something the cut the sounds in small parts with some options in wet/dry of the sounds and the noise ect.

4)
I start to understand how to apply Send Effects, but I don't understand the advantage that this can provide. If someone can touch me a word about it, I would be very glad.

5)
Totally different question but maybe, it's simple for some of you to answer and I know how to do.
What soundcard would you suggest to me to use with Maschine (studio) ? I would like something simple to plugg Mic into it (that I could directly use in the Sampler of Maschine) and a Cue Option.

I've thought about the NI Audio 6 (to stay in the same brand and have good compatibilities seems important for me) but after reading a bit of the manual (and not understanding everything about it..) it looked to me to be more a set-up for a Dj who wants to plug vynils and stuff into it.

I have a Traktor S2, but I can't root the Mic input (really searched everywhere to do that and use it directly in the sampler), if anyone of you knows if it's possible please tell me :). And I don't think I can use the Headphone input to put the "Cue" of maschine toward that ?

I thought also about a Recorder (Zoom H4n) who looks to have a cue output, will it be possible to root it the Cue of Maschine ?

I work on a MacBook Pro with only 2 usb ports, so, what would you do in my situation ?

Thanks a lot for your time, really means something to me,

Regardless of your answer I wish you the best :),

Pranarta

Hi Pranarta,

I'll do my best here. Fellow users can correct me if I'm totally wrong. I use my Maschine within Live with a Komplete Audio 6.

1. Click the white FX button which is directly left to each effect. The white turns into grey and the effect is bypassed.

2. ?!

3. Try the grain delay. I'd recommend a 3rd party plugin here like MRythmizer (Melda Productions), Sugar Bytes Effectrix, Vengeance GlitchBitch, Glitch2 or ImageLine GrossBeat.

4. Send effects like Reverbs can be used for multiple channels. You save CPU power and modify the settings in only one instance. Especially reverbs sound more natural when they use the same settings.

5. When using Maschine especially live it's all about latency. The lower the better. The audio interfaces by RME are top notch here, not too cheap but very good. I have the Komplete Audio 6 which works great for me, latency is low (mic input, phantom power, etc.).

Mao? Qu'est ce que c'est?
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Slightly off-topic, but I'd not get the Zoom H4N. Go for the H5 instead, or the H6 if the budget allows it and you want the extra features. The H4 is much noisier than the newer models. (Or a Sony PCM-M10, if you don't need multi tracks and XLR, since it is even quieter and has amazing battery life.)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”