Audio confessions

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sendy wrote:squarepusher
:love:

yeah +1 pet shop and info society. good argument for anon +1.

---

Love the thread-title, sounds like a B-movie from the 80s with Bo Derek.

I like low quality mp3s. 96kbps mmm

Stuff sounds more interesting once uploaded to youtube for some reason.

I always screw things up with compression, but I'll never stop using it.

I can't stay within a genre. If I made my ideal track it would sound like a string of 1000 songs tied together in succession with endless mangling & processing.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

i saw sigue sigue sputnik live at the astoria in 1988. at the time i coudn't have imagined anything cooler :hihi:

I never liked them! The first thing I saw of them was some incredibly archaic pattern of "what the f**k" which was followed by "MAIDEN!!!!!!!!!"

I loved the "I love technology" slurp though.........ah........memories of the past......

I love every single tune of SSS and Pet Shop Boys. "Please" is a great album!

Talking about the 80's, I have to say that I don't like Eagles at all, but Don Henley's "Boys of summer" is in the playlist of my dreams.

C'mon people, everybody listened to some dopey stuff when they were in their teens and are ashamed of it when in their twenties and are cool about it in their thirties and later.
Let's hear some real embarrassing stuff!

I usually spent more time editing my vocals than recording them.

Codestation wrote: What things do you like that you "shouldn't" (for whatever reason)?
I run things way into the red. I just don't care. I used to use 'overload protection' via a brickwall limited on the master bus, ceiling at 0dB but I quit after forgetting it once and liking the result by direct comparison better. I have a different idea about it, why am I taming peaks? Behind some received theory? f**k that, I make music for the ear. Things on the path, I've always run some things way in the red, but I've quit watching for it even on the master.
I have a couple of extremely hot spots but I like them. Practically everything is made so there isn't any real ugly bidness out of doing that. If I happen across something that's 'unattractive' I'll deal.

I like a lot of highs, and things hot that some people don't. f**k 'em! :D

digital distortion only happens at the master, not at the channels...you can clip any channel as much as you want :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

lectrixboogaloo wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:i have two britney spears tunes on one of my itunes playlists :ud:
good britney spears tunes kill it. KILL it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaFhUvL_C1s

I once danced to "Chihuahua". Yeah, in public. In my defence, others were dancing, too. But still...

:(
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Hink wrote:digital distortion only happens at the master, not at the channels...you can clip any channel as much as you want :shrug:
point is, I don't follow 'gain staging' and correctness/numbers, and now I don't even care if the master runs over 0dB. If it gets ugly in a way that isn't beautiful I'd attend to it.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”