Tone2 UltraSpace

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not sure I will like it
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

I think it's great that it has built-in ducking controls, that's a very nice feature I wish more reverb plugins would have. Even delay plugins don't have enough of that.

It does look interesting, I like the idea of a combo delay and reverb although I can't see any mention of different algos. 2 things I don't like, although it is probably their best interface the presence of "shop" doesn't bode well - I steer clear of IK stuff because they stuck a shopfront inside their plugins, I don't not want shops in my plugins. I also don't like the rack handles, but then they are not the only plugin devs who still go for that cheesy skeuwy stuff.

I hope it shares some of the same algo's as Warmverb, which I also agree is an excellent and underrated plugin. The modular cables and ins/outs seem a bit odd to me - it's not real clear to me what they do and it also seems like there should be more. BTW, that Javascript (or whatever) widget is very cool, even though it doesn't really show you anything more than the other views do.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

the handles in gladiator/warmverb rule!

Since Warmverb uses almost the same algo as their synths I'm sure UltraSapce will use the new reverb algos of Electra 2.

TheKid wrote:I wonder if this also scans the harddrive for illegal content like the free Firebird.
All Tone2 plugins scan for (and delete/blacklist) illegal or invalidated licenses. UltraSpace will almost certainly do the same.

There was a time Gladiator synth was a holy grail for me (long time ago - when it was impossible for me to afford it), then I won a competition by Tone2 and chose Saurus as a price as I found it sounding better. But after all I am one of those that has a problem with the psycho-acoustic stuff they do in their plugins. I fear UltraSpace will have the same character.

I know it's a taste thing, but I don't recall plugins that divide people like that :) Some love the sound - some hate.

penguinfromdeep wrote:I'm not sure I will like it
Duh, how could you? Wait until after trying a demo. :P
[Insert Signature Here]

szalonykp wrote:There was a time Gladiator synth was a holy grail for me (long time ago - when it was impossible for me to afford it), then I won a competition by Tone2 and chose Saurus as a price as I found it sounding better. But after all I am one of those that has a problem with the psycho-acoustic stuff they do in their plugins. I fear UltraSpace will have the same character.

I know it's a taste thing, but I don't recall plugins that divide people like that :) Some love the sound - some hate.
lol I remember feeling that way about Gladiator. Still think it's a unique and cool plugin. It's a shame, from a sound designer & synth lovers perspective, how people lose interest in stuff just because it's older.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

bailees7irish wrote: Duh, how could you? Wait until after trying a demo. :P
Unless they have changed their algorithms radically I can pretty much guarantee it. But who knows, I might be in for a surprise ;)
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

KingTuck wrote:
TheKid wrote:I wonder if this also scans the harddrive for illegal content like the free Firebird.
All Tone2 plugins scan for (and delete/blacklist) illegal or invalidated licenses. UltraSpace will almost certainly do the same.
-This-

is why many will not even demo it. Including me. A legit program acting like malware is still malware. It doesn't matter what it's goals are when doing so.
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

mkdr wrote:
KingTuck wrote:
-This-

is why many will not even demo it. Including me. A legit program acting like malware is still malware. It doesn't matter what it's goals are when doing so.
I get that. I believe it only scans around your install directory, should that info be of any use to you. I wouldn't call their copy protection malware, and hey, it's worked for them (their hasn't been a cracked Tone2 product in a very very long time). A lot of the "malware" horror stories about Tone2 are fabricated or hugely exaggerated. Their software does phone home very often though, but that's not even somewhat unique to Tone2. As a company they weird me out, with their weird marketing "buzz words" and psycho acoustic stuff, so I won't be using more of their products I don't imagine (I use Saurus). I don't think they make bad plugins though.

I can't blame people who aren't into them though.

I've always found their stuff to be innovative and interesting. I don't typically like their GUI's much but that is a case by case basis.

It might really help them to ease of the 3D and glow and just go for something more practical and easier on the eyes.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Effects”