DMG EQuilibrium

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow, this is a great list of improvements. I’m traveling right now and won’t be able to check it out in a long time…However, I’m super curious about few options:

Render-DSP settings, can be chosen to be used for rendering.
What are the available settings and how did you name them? I hope it is very simple as in: “Normal”. “Best”, “Beyond and above” and “Unreasonably awesome /Takes years to render”….or something like that.

Do you plan to implement spectral/pick grab?

Also, a question I always wanted to ask a developer:
If, I’m equing a source in which I’m cutting the mid side and boosting the sides in the same frequency range, all while the source is actually mono, what exactly happens? Sorry if it sounds stupid :D

Thank you
Last edited by Tapehead on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

Render-DSP settings, can be chosen to be used for rendering.
What are the available settings and how did you name them? I hope it is very simple as in: “Normal”. “Best”, “Beyond and above” and “Unreasonably awesome /Takes years to render”….or something like that.
I'm afraid not. You get a full set of settings for render. You can dial it in however you like.
Do you plan to implement spectral/pick grab?
Given that not a single person has emailed to ask me for such a thing...
If, I’m equing a source in which I’m cutting the mid side and busting the sides in the same frequency range, all while the source is actually mono, what exactly happens?
You're boosting the sides and cutting the mid on a mono source?
Well, for a mono signal, mid==signal and side=0. EQing a silent signal still makes a silent signal.
You're cutting the mid. That's all.

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Cool! I thought, that perhaps it might be adding/resynthesizing some information that is not there to begin with. I know, I have no reasons to think that but…sometimes self-hypnosis takes over and I imagine stuff. Thank you!
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

Just earlier I was typing in frequencies like 14000, 5700 etc. and wished that I could just go 14k 5,7k (<- comma!). And here we go, mind read, features delivered, along with the other stuff I asked for earlier. Thank you very much! Happy days! :party:

Edit: Oh and even autogain :O sweet!

Insane update Dave! Gotta admit, I'm a sucker for autogain lately, so having that feature added is huge for me. I can't wait to try this out.

W-O-W! No one can accuse you of resting on your laurels! :tu:

Thanks! :D

Fantastic auto gain.

Thanks

Tapehead wrote:Wow, this is a great list of improvements.

Thank you
Agreed! +1

Just need old fashioned VU meters on Compassion now and some real looking knobs. Keep the same graphics style though.

What's the function of Digital+ Phase mode?

Awesome Update! :D

I wish I knew what it all meant, will the manual be updated for slightly thick amongst us?

Also, the 'Free UI size' option doesn't appear to do anything in Logic X on OSX Yosemite.

Cheers
Ben

AutoListen currently seems to pass through the AutoGain algo... not a good thing when sweeping nasty low frew resonances.. :wink:

Great update! Thanks a lot Dave. I'm a whore for quality settings so the offline rendering options are really a god-send
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

"Save default" button has gone ?

EDIT:

OK

There seem to be a bug as here, on my internet computer, there IS "Default" button but on my AWS the bottom of the settings screen is "chopped off"...
Last edited by Tp3 on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

mustgroove wrote:What's the function of Digital+ Phase mode?
+1, what is it, on or off, which supposedly sounds better, which has highest CPU hit, etc.

Return to “Effects”