three state form of circular osc?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

after messing around with 3d for a bit the idea isn't so alien..

you're familiar with the "3d rotating primitive" eg. a spinning cube. using a static rotation incrementor can easily produce "non-cyclic" motion. i decided i'd like to hear that.

what i found is that using a fixed rotation angle can produce up to eight frequencies, if you sum dimensions. unfortunately, they do not diverge from a central frequency with increasing complexity of rotation angle. which would have been neat.

as observable from the graphic, this could be an appealing modulation source, though it does take three rate parameters (unless you determine coefficients otherwise). i figure if you're going to all the bother of a complex modulator, something without such predominant frequencies would be preferable.

by itself/unaugmented, not very interesting as an oscillator. exploiting gimbal lock produced periodic waveforms, which were timbrally similar to pm synthesis but with interesting phase response/contours (and complutationally intensive to track pitch).

something to think about :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I had big fun working with complex resonators these days. I used audio rate pitch modulation to make them produce interesting sounds (I made a js synth for Reaper out of that http://stash.reaper.fm/v/22067/TiaR_CXF ... deluxe.zip).

Maybe, instead of using your 3D rotation scheme as oscillators you may consider it as a filter. Implemented as rotations, resonators are very stable, even if audio-rate modulated.
See you here and there... Youtube, Google Play, SoundCloud...

the ginsu dsp, it filters, it oscillates.. using them for the tait-bryan/"euler" angles here. hmm.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

What do you mean by ginsu dsp ? Sort of chua osc?
See you here and there... Youtube, Google Play, SoundCloud...

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”